Best alternative to engine ice

mxdad
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 5:57am
Many of us are going to change over to Maxima Cool n All and Maxima Cood Aide just to see the actual engine and radiator temp difference. We run deep sand tracks with huge elevation changes. True test of coolant.

What are you guys running? Engine ice seems so 4 years ago. There has to be something better out there. The temp decals will prove all.

The local dealers around here want to know what to stock so your answers are not just for me.

I will post our results on vital, thumper, and motonews.

|
jtomasik
3/22/2009 5:55pm
You're going to switch because engine ice "seems so 4 years ago"?

Wow. Who can argue against that data?
flarider
3/22/2009 5:56pm
It's Coolanol and Cool-Aide
Slow ~ Pro
3/22/2009 6:00pm

Do you also feel two rear shocks are twice as good as one ?
Dealer in my neighborhood wants to know.

The Shop

SK
3/22/2009 6:00pm
I run Obama-Aide it's blue and works really well.

mxdad
3/22/2009 6:03pm

With all the high tech chemical companies in this industry I am hard pressed to think that a product specific guy has solved the worlds problems. Not harshing on ei. Spent hundreds on the shit. Just looking to find the next best thing. And there is better. And cheaper. Moto heads are normally to stupid to research it.

For the record head and radiator temps were the exact same with engine ice as straight tap water mixed with 50% walmart coolant. $3.23 per bike vs. $17.00

SK
3/22/2009 6:03pm
Straight water with Redline Water Wetter added
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Then replace your radiators periodically...
Ran Water Wetter in my Mustang for years and never had any problems.

Is there an issue with replacing the radiators?
3/22/2009 6:04pm
Ask Dave.
mxdad
3/22/2009 6:06pm
123 wrote:
Ask Dave.
Dave said this board is a shit hole. I wonder why?
Slow ~ Pro
3/22/2009 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:02pm
Straight water with Redline Water Wetter added
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
SK wrote:

I ran water wetter when it first came out...It corroded my radiators. I have used EI since and zero problems.

Also, I am a plumbing contractor, and would never put water from the USA in my race bike !!!

If I could, I'd bathe in Perrier !

But that's my opinion...
88sdad
3/22/2009 6:14pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:

Do you also feel two rear shocks are twice as good as one ?
Dealer in my neighborhood wants to know.
I tell my son my old Honda's were twice as good as his bikes,
cuz they had 2 shocks.
SK
3/22/2009 6:19pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
SK wrote:

Slow ~ Pro wrote:
I ran water wetter when it first came out...It corroded my radiators. I have used EI since and zero problems. Also, I am a plumbing contractor...
I ran water wetter when it first came out...It corroded my radiators. I have used EI since and zero problems.

Also, I am a plumbing contractor, and would never put water from the USA in my race bike !!!

If I could, I'd bathe in Perrier !

But that's my opinion...
Good info to know.

When a was racing, antifreeze was a big NO NO, so I used what the local shop had available. I also used isopropyl, instead of water.

I'm sure Engine Ice is an excellent product. Dave seems to give back to the sport quite a bit and if I but a newer bike i'll be sure to endorse his product and buy some EI.

bultokid
3/22/2009 6:23pm
If it works why change it ? Have used EI for long-time with zero probs. How often do people change the rad fluid ? Only changed mine when had to drain the rads.
flarider
3/22/2009 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2009 6:31pm
If anyone ever wants to discuss heat/cooling issues, alternative methods or ideas, different products or Engine Ice itself, they're free to call the Engine Ice offices at toll free 877-806-9377

mxdad
3/22/2009 6:48pm
flarider wrote:
If anyone ever wants to discuss heat/cooling issues, alternative methods or ideas, different products or Engine Ice itself, they're free to call the Engine Ice offices...
If anyone ever wants to discuss heat/cooling issues, alternative methods or ideas, different products or Engine Ice itself, they're free to call the Engine Ice offices at toll free 877-806-9377

How dare you say that biased swill to the thousands of vitalmx members that you called shitholes that will never buy your product again.
Hey internet stud. You have more to lose than gain on here. You might want to remeber that.
3/22/2009 7:03pm
flarider wrote:
If anyone ever wants to discuss heat/cooling issues, alternative methods or ideas, different products or Engine Ice itself, they're free to call the Engine Ice offices...

mxdad wrote:
How dare you say that biased swill to the thousands of vitalmx members that you called shitholes that will never buy your product again. Hey internet...
How dare you say that biased swill to the thousands of vitalmx members that you called shitholes that will never buy your product again.
Hey internet stud. You have more to lose than gain on here. You might want to remeber that.
are you serious? take a walk.
catatonic
3/22/2009 7:10pm
flarider wrote:

mxdad wrote:
How dare you say that biased swill to the thousands of vitalmx members that you called shitholes that will never buy your product again. Hey internet...
Now we at least know the real reason you made this post.
Wolfman
3/22/2009 7:13pm
mxdad wrote:
Quickest meltdown ever?

Meltdown, hehehe
drmarkr
3/22/2009 7:17pm
mxdad wrote:
Many of us are going to change over to Maxima Cool n All and Maxima Cood Aide just to see the actual engine and radiator temp...
Many of us are going to change over to Maxima Cool n All and Maxima Cood Aide just to see the actual engine and radiator temp difference. We run deep sand tracks with huge elevation changes. True test of coolant.

What are you guys running? Engine ice seems so 4 years ago. There has to be something better out there. The temp decals will prove all.

The local dealers around here want to know what to stock so your answers are not just for me.

Whatsa matter....EI won't throw any free product your way??
ShookOne
3/22/2009 7:19pm
mxdad wrote:
With all the high tech chemical companies in this industry I am hard pressed to think that a product specific guy has solved the worlds problems...

With all the high tech chemical companies in this industry I am hard pressed to think that a product specific guy has solved the worlds problems. Not harshing on ei. Spent hundreds on the shit. Just looking to find the next best thing. And there is better. And cheaper. Moto heads are normally to stupid to research it.

For the record head and radiator temps were the exact same with engine ice as straight tap water mixed with 50% walmart coolant. $3.23 per bike vs. $17.00

This needs to be quoted again so people stop buying into the over priced engine ice water.
Tiki
Fantasy
913th
3/22/2009 7:31pm
Dave has never given me anything free. Maybe some advice, that was it. The stuff they sell is pretty dynamite. Dave can be a pretentious cow every once in a while. its allowed.
Racer92
3/22/2009 7:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:03pm
mxdad wrote:
Many of us are going to change over to Maxima Cool n All and Maxima Cood Aide just to see the actual engine and radiator temp...

This has been done over & over and the results will ALWAY be the same because chemistry is the same. You dont need any motorcycles or radiators to figure this stuff out, a simple lab setting and applying the Scientific Method will tell you what you need to know.

Pure H2O tranfers heat beater than ethylene or propylene glycol, but has a lousy boiling and freezing points and no protection from corrosion. Ethylene glycol is ever so slightly better at heat transfer than propylene glycol but is deadly poisonous. Propylene glycol solutions offer great boiling & freeze protection, and with added corrosion additives will keep your system clean and lubed without having a lethal poison in your radiator.

Cycle Logic produces a proven and reliable propylene glycol solution and the owner of the company is a life-long motocrosser who gives a lot back to dirt bikers. If you are gonna pay cash for a coolant, why not support a guy who is one of us?
jndmx
3/22/2009 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:03pm
I have used EngineIce and Maxima products and been very happy with both.

3/22/2009 7:54pm
This forum really needs a good house cleaning. The idiot to enthusiast ratio is getting out of hand.
Camp332
3/22/2009 8:12pm
Engine Ice keeps me nice!

Hate on haters, but Engine Ice is the best coolant out there. You all should be proud to know a smart guy like EIDave.
CR250Rider
3/22/2009 8:22pm
my CR250 has never overheated 1 drop of anti-freeze.
bhawkce
3/22/2009 8:23pm
I run EI in both my street/strip car and my bike. I used it on my last built car before I really knew Dave,

why don't you go hate on someone else, cause that is the way your post comes off. Maybe we would have taken your 'test' seriously if you wouldn't have hopped all over the dude, but you just showed what you are really after.
oldx
3/22/2009 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2009 8:55pm
flarider wrote:

mxdad wrote:
Well prick, this shows why you posted.

I'll bet you're one of those mini bike dads we hear so much about.

I use EI and change mine twice a year on both bikes. My neighbors love their little dogs and cats so if I get a phone call and run in the house to answer I don't have to worry about pet's drinking out of my drain tub.

Why don't you just call this Dave guy up and talk to him like a man if you have something to say to or about him. Another internet tough guy?
ps remember has 2 m's in it.

Post a reply to: Best alternative to engine ice

The Latest