The great debate, Chad Reed 2011?

jms217
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:46pm
I have been following the Chad Reed stories on different websites as well as twitter, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything I don't. I know he was testing with TLD Honda, but they don't have the funding. He was testing with Valli but he would prefer a Honda with pro circuit parts, which is what TLD has, but it was said that the new YZ450's aren't every racers favorite bike to ride even though Valli has the funding and now on PulpMX it said that Valli has talked to CP377. So what is he going to do for a ride in 2011? He recently posted "BIG steps forward today" on his twitter. So what where those big steps?
|
Fantasy
4929th
11/6/2010 8:07pm
via racer X,
It sounds like Chad Reed is going to start his own race team. After trying to find a home with TLD or Valli, he has decided his best bet is to put together his own program. In two months, the former champ has to put together a race-team staff, a transporter, a race shop, and get himself and his machine ready to race. That’s a full plate right there. Who’s the new team manager handling that boatload of work? I think someone should call up Skip Norfolk and see what he’s doing. Skip took Jeremy McGrath to a few race wins, and he was an integral part of his Bud Light Yamaha team. And Chad has always tried to emulate Jeremy, right?. Skip, you out there? My guess is that Reedy will be on Hondas with the support of Pro Circuit, Fox, and a few other key companies that have his back, including a good friend in Australia with bottomless pockets. I’m just stoked that he’s going to be lining up in January.
jms217
11/6/2010 8:12pm
308 wrote:
via racer X, It sounds like Chad Reed is going to start his own race team. After trying to find a home with TLD or Valli...
via racer X,
It sounds like Chad Reed is going to start his own race team. After trying to find a home with TLD or Valli, he has decided his best bet is to put together his own program. In two months, the former champ has to put together a race-team staff, a transporter, a race shop, and get himself and his machine ready to race. That’s a full plate right there. Who’s the new team manager handling that boatload of work? I think someone should call up Skip Norfolk and see what he’s doing. Skip took Jeremy McGrath to a few race wins, and he was an integral part of his Bud Light Yamaha team. And Chad has always tried to emulate Jeremy, right?. Skip, you out there? My guess is that Reedy will be on Hondas with the support of Pro Circuit, Fox, and a few other key companies that have his back, including a good friend in Australia with bottomless pockets. I’m just stoked that he’s going to be lining up in January.
Chad said he didn't want it to be last minute like last year where he didn't have a lot of time to prepare for the season, and that would be alot of last minute things to find all of the equiptment, sponsors, trainers, machanics, managers, all other employees, race shop, tools, sign contracts with all the sponsors he would have to have to have the correct amout of funding to do that becuase he still wants to make money, build tracks, and be able to get testing done.
Fantasy
4929th
11/6/2010 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2010 8:21pm
i dont really think he will be able to build his own team in two months and get any real testing done. Im guessing he will end up on a troy lee bike..
jms217
11/6/2010 8:38pm
Have you been under a shell with the chad reed situation. If you want to find this stuff go to pulpmx.com and racerxonline.com as well as chad reed @crtwotwo on twitter and some of this is like a week or two old.

The Shop

Post a reply to: The great debate, Chad Reed 2011?

The Latest