Garlic

Void Main
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 11:27pm
I have to leave the house every time my daughter cooks something. She likes to crush garlic and put it in her food and I finally had to tell her to never do it again if I am home. This was the 2nd time this week. It is still burning my eyes like onions and I still feel like puking and it was 2 hours ago since she cooked. Am I allergic to it or is garlic supposed to do that to you?
|
borg
8/2/2011 5:58pm
NEVER eat at East Side Marios. I almost puked too. Not a big garlic fan either.
Now onions! Load em up!
72kiteboarder
8/2/2011 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2011 6:34pm
I use a LOT of garlic in most things I cook.
newmann
8/2/2011 6:50pm
One of my employees used to roast cloves of garlic on the grill and eat them with everything. He smelled like garlic when he sweated. Heck he even reeked of it when he didn't sweat. Not to mention all the fartin.....

I like me a little garlic. Not too much though and definitely not as the main seasoning in anything.

The Shop

fcr
8/2/2011 6:52pm
I used to have a family come in to see me that were into garlic. They stunk the place up, it was disgusting. It oozed out their pores.
motogeezer
8/2/2011 6:55pm
I use a LOT of garlic in everything I cook.

If I try a new recipe that doesn't call for garlic, I put in garlic anyway.

If I try a new recipe that does call for garlic, I double it.

My mom makes a veal piccata that's just amazing, so I asked her to write down the recipe for me.

One of the instructions was, "Add the garlic (twice as much as you think you need.)"

That's the only time that I might have used too much garlic.

It was still damned good, though.
Void Main
8/2/2011 6:57pm
You guys are all making me sick. Actually I still haven't recovered from the earlier incident. I'm finding all the garlic in the house and stuffing it in my new recycle bin under the back deck.
Rooster
8/2/2011 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2011 8:27pm
I put that shit on everything.

My favorite pizza is a chorizo, spinach, feta, roasted garlic concoction that is out of this f'n world. It takes two whole heads of garlic for a medium pizza to cover it just right.
motogeezer
8/2/2011 7:24pm
Void Main wrote:
You guys are all making me sick. Actually I still haven't recovered from the earlier incident. I'm finding all the garlic in the house and stuffing...
You guys are all making me sick. Actually I still haven't recovered from the earlier incident. I'm finding all the garlic in the house and stuffing it in my new recycle bin under the back deck.
Hey, Void.

You might be a vampire.

Think about it.

"I put that shit on everything.

My favorite pizza is a chorizo, spinach, feta, roasted garlic concoction that it out of this f'n world. It takes two whole heads of garlic for a medium pizza to cover it just right."

My sister in law gave us a quesadilla maker (pretty much a waffle press for tortillas) and my favorite thing to make on it is just to brush the tortillas with olive oil, sprinkle on a little mozzarella and parmesan, fresh basil leafs, chives, and about five cloves of thinly sliced garlic.

Simple, yet amazing.
Void Main
8/2/2011 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2011 7:40pm
Seriously, my eyes are still watering and I'm sick to my stomach and I am pretty sure it's not the Schlafly Summer Lager doing it. It doesn't effect anyone else in the house. Why just me?
jtomasik
8/2/2011 7:48pm
Void Main wrote:
I have to leave the house every time my daughter cooks something. She likes to crush garlic and put it in her food and I finally...
I have to leave the house every time my daughter cooks something. She likes to crush garlic and put it in her food and I finally had to tell her to never do it again if I am home. This was the 2nd time this week. It is still burning my eyes like onions and I still feel like puking and it was 2 hours ago since she cooked. Am I allergic to it or is garlic supposed to do that to you?
You're a pussy. Go eat a cheeseburger and get fat.
TerryB
8/2/2011 7:52pm
motogeezer wrote:
I use a LOT of garlic in [i]everything[/i] I cook. If I try a new recipe that doesn't call for garlic, I put in garlic anyway...
I use a LOT of garlic in everything I cook.

If I try a new recipe that doesn't call for garlic, I put in garlic anyway.

If I try a new recipe that does call for garlic, I double it.

My mom makes a veal piccata that's just amazing, so I asked her to write down the recipe for me.

One of the instructions was, "Add the garlic (twice as much as you think you need.)"

That's the only time that I might have used too much garlic.

It was still damned good, though.
+1

I've never reached the "too much garlic" threshold.

Everything. All the time. Lots.

Doesn't make me gassy.Huh
Void Main
8/2/2011 8:00pm
Void Main wrote:
I have to leave the house every time my daughter cooks something. She likes to crush garlic and put it in her food and I finally...
jtomasik wrote:
I did both of those things today already. Wink
Rooster
8/2/2011 8:30pm
Void Main wrote:
You guys are all making me sick. Actually I still haven't recovered from the earlier incident. I'm finding all the garlic in the house and stuffing...
motogeezer wrote:
Hey, Void. You might be a vampire. Think about it. [i][b]"I put that shit on everything. My favorite pizza is a chorizo, spinach, feta, roasted garlic...
Hey, Void.

You might be a vampire.

Think about it.

My favorite pizza is a chorizo, spinach, feta, roasted garlic concoction that it out of this f'n world. It takes two whole heads of garlic for a medium pizza to cover it just right."

My sister in law gave us a quesadilla maker (pretty much a waffle press for tortillas) and my favorite thing to make on it is just to brush the tortillas with olive oil, sprinkle on a little mozzarella and parmesan, fresh basil leafs, chives, and about five cloves of thinly sliced garlic.

Simple, yet amazing.
Roast the garlic first and it takes on a more subtle flavor. Sliced raw is pretty strong and can overpower the rest of the dish pretty easy.

Just wrap them in tin foil and stick em in the oven for 45 minutes at about 400F. Let them cool down before you pull the cloves out of the head or your fingers will get a little too toasty. It also helps them maintain their shape. They come out like a goo when they're too hot. Use 2-3 times as much when it's roasted if you still want the same flavor, but it won't have the aggressive bite that raw garlic has.
G-man
8/2/2011 8:36pm
Void Main wrote:
motogeezer wrote:
Hey, Void. You might be a vampire. Think about it. [i][b]"I put that shit on everything. My favorite pizza is a chorizo, spinach, feta, roasted garlic...
Hey, Void.

You might be a vampire.

Think about it.

Simple, yet amazing.
Yep I luv Garlic, onions all that good stuff too. I don't put salt on anything and make up for it in other ways that aren't as bad for your body.

Excessive sodium is BAD!

Geezer,
We have one of those too and never use it, just might havta try that!

Thanks,
G
FIREfish148
8/2/2011 8:37pm
Garlic is suuuper good for you for a bunch of reasons. look it up. Ive taken a garlic pill every day for a while now. Shit makes you feel better...
G-man
8/2/2011 8:38pm
On our recent trip to Monterey there is a town nearby that is the capitol of the Garlic World--Gilroy.

As you go by you can smell it bad--just think Void smelling Garlic 24/7! Woohoo
Void Main
8/2/2011 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2011 8:42pm
Garlic is suuuper good for you for a bunch of reasons. look it up. Ive taken a garlic pill every day for a while now. Shit...
Garlic is suuuper good for you for a bunch of reasons. look it up. Ive taken a garlic pill every day for a while now. Shit makes you feel better...
It may make you feel better but I still feel like someone jammed raw minced onions into my eyes and made me eat a bucket of habaneros. And I didn't even eat any of it. I must definitely be allergic to that shit.
Mr. G
8/2/2011 10:34pm
Ever notice that they don't make an air freshener that smells like garlic? By the way, ever make a tuna drink? I have. I regret it.
bullpen58
8/2/2011 11:00pm
I love garlic and have been cooking with it more and more. Seems like I can never put enough of it.
8/2/2011 11:17pm
G-man wrote:
On our recent trip to Monterey there is a town nearby that is the capitol of the Garlic World--Gilroy. As you go by you can smell...
On our recent trip to Monterey there is a town nearby that is the capitol of the Garlic World--Gilroy.

As you go by you can smell it bad--just think Void smelling Garlic 24/7! Woohoo
Funny the Gilroy Garlic Festival was just last weekend. . . . mmm garlic ice cream!
jtomasik
8/3/2011 4:50am
Void Main wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
Void Main wrote:
I did both of those things today already. Wink
Ya know, some cultures in the Orient have a nickname for Americans which means: "smells like milk". I got on this Paleo diet about 2 years ago, and it excludes all dairy. Since then, I can smell which women I date eat dairy products. It's a sour smell...almost disgusting.

Just sayin'.
borg
8/3/2011 6:40am
I've heard about the healing properties of garlic. Some people cram that stuff up their ass. Sounds like a more appropriate place for it.
Sandberm
8/3/2011 9:32am
borg wrote:
I've heard about the healing properties of garlic. Some people cram that stuff up their ass. Sounds like a more appropriate place for it.
Tastes good and it shrinks your prostate. Just dont recycle the ass garlic.

wow, this garlic toast tastes like ass!Dizzy
Sondy132001
8/3/2011 2:46pm
I love garlic can't put too much in anything for me !! Hell I use to go to the ex-inlaws for dinner their shit was bland needed spices & garlic !!! I don't smell from it at all.

S
motogeezer
8/3/2011 2:56pm
I love garlic can't put too much in anything for me !! Hell I use to go to the ex-inlaws for dinner their shit was bland...
I love garlic can't put too much in anything for me !! Hell I use to go to the ex-inlaws for dinner their shit was bland needed spices & garlic !!! I don't smell from it at all.

S
I eat a shit-load of garlic and the only time I've ever been accused of smelling of it was when I ate at a certain Thai restaurant in L.A.

I ate there several times a week while recording my last album, and every time I did, I'd come home and my wife would say, "You had Thai for dinner again, didn't you?"

Maybe all the spicy stuff makes it come out more?
Sondy132001
8/3/2011 3:00pm
I love garlic can't put too much in anything for me !! Hell I use to go to the ex-inlaws for dinner their shit was bland...

S
motogeezer wrote:
I eat a shit-load of garlic and the only time I've ever been accused of smelling of it was when I ate at a certain Thai...
I eat a shit-load of garlic and the only time I've ever been accused of smelling of it was when I ate at a certain Thai restaurant in L.A.

I ate there several times a week while recording my last album, and every time I did, I'd come home and my wife would say, "You had Thai for dinner again, didn't you?"

Maybe all the spicy stuff makes it come out more?
have you been to stinking rose in LA ??? love love love that place and the only time someone said I smelled from garlic but hell they ate it with me lol so I am a respectful garlic eater, I only will it out on the town when someone has it with me !! I love Thai food yum ! Can't do mexican hot (peppers) but I can do asian hot, wasabi or curry or stuff like that. My wasabi mashed potatoes are so hot it makes my nose run, and my garlic mashed potatoes are the best !! damn I am hungry now.

S
motogeezer
8/3/2011 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2011 4:33pm
have you been to stinking rose in LA ??? love love love that place and the only time someone said I smelled from garlic but hell...
have you been to stinking rose in LA ??? love love love that place and the only time someone said I smelled from garlic but hell they ate it with me lol so I am a respectful garlic eater, I only will it out on the town when someone has it with me !! I love Thai food yum ! Can't do mexican hot (peppers) but I can do asian hot, wasabi or curry or stuff like that. My wasabi mashed potatoes are so hot it makes my nose run, and my garlic mashed potatoes are the best !! damn I am hungry now.

S
Glad I could get you so exited, Sondra.

HOLY SMOKES!!

If I wasn't a happily married man, I'd be taking you out for Asian food every other night. Evil

Post a reply to: Garlic

The Latest