For Sale/Bazaar Guidelines and Practices (READ BEFORE BUYING OR SELLING ANYTHING)

ML512
Fantasy
62nd
Edited Date/Time 2/18/2022 3:37pm
Hey all, it's been a bit since we've thrown an update out there for this section. So below you'll find some guidelines and practices to abide by or at least be aware of.

Buy and sell at your own risk. There's a lot of scammers out on the internet. We leave this sub-forum for users to connect and sell but we don't hold any responsibility for sales you conduct.

Members should only use INSURED payment methods. NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment! If a buyer or seller won't work with you on this, then they aren't worth dealing with.

Be aware of private messages coming from unknown members without a for sale thread or item listed. Do not conduct business with someone telling you to email their friend.

If you see anything fishy or receive a suspect message, please report it.

Any questions?
|
langhammx
Fantasy
589th
3/8/2022 6:18pm
Thanks for the space. There are many reputable members who I’ve boughten things from with absolutely ZERO issues. I’ve used PayPal (friends and family) as payment on almost every transaction and have not had a single problem.
But… there has been a very high rate of various scams that are creative and easy to get burned. I completely understand when someone is reluctant to do so, I totally get it !

My advice for members buying something from another member that you don’t know or at least recognize from the forum, is to just add the 3-1/2% to cover the fees. If the seller has ANY issues with this, then move on and avoid the transaction.

I’ve had really good luck selling bikes and parts on here, without any problems either. When I’m selling something of value, I’ve asked them to send it as friends and family, to avoid the feee and almost everyone did so. But for those who didn’t know me or were reluctant on sending the payment without some kind of insurance that they wouldn’t get ripped off, they either added the 3-1/2% or came to my house and paid me in cash.

4/25/2023 6:09pm
ML512 wrote:
Hey all, it's been a bit since we've thrown an update out there for this section. So below you'll find some guidelines and practices to abide...
Hey all, it's been a bit since we've thrown an update out there for this section. So below you'll find some guidelines and practices to abide by or at least be aware of.

Buy and sell at your own risk. There's a lot of scammers out on the internet. We leave this sub-forum for users to connect and sell but we don't hold any responsibility for sales you conduct.

Members should only use INSURED payment methods. NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment! If a buyer or seller won't work with you on this, then they aren't worth dealing with.

Be aware of private messages coming from unknown members without a for sale thread or item listed. Do not conduct business with someone telling you to email their friend.

If you see anything fishy or receive a suspect message, please report it.

Any questions?

Can you post a complete list of all selling rules?

thx- 

Post a reply to: For Sale/Bazaar Guidelines and Practices (READ BEFORE BUYING OR SELLING ANYTHING)

The Latest