Endurocross, first time!

HD1200
I've never attended an Endurocross event before! My buddy had an extra ticket and invited me. It is at the Gwinnett Arena in Ga. Here's a couple of pit pics.

|
colintrax
Fantasy
2562nd
8/27/2016 2:54pm
I'm headed there now, went in 2014 and had a blast. Better than SX imo
hvaughn88
8/27/2016 2:56pm
Sorry for my ignorance when it comes to endurocross, but did they make a rule where trials bikes weren't legal to ride? I thought I remember some being ridden when these were first getting started way back when, but I don't see them anymore.

-clueless in Conway
colintrax
Fantasy
2562nd
8/27/2016 3:25pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance when it comes to endurocross, but did they make a rule where trials bikes weren't legal to ride? I thought I remember...
Sorry for my ignorance when it comes to endurocross, but did they make a rule where trials bikes weren't legal to ride? I thought I remember some being ridden when these were first getting started way back when, but I don't see them anymore.

-clueless in Conway
There's a class specifically for trials bikes. They're at a disadvantage to moto bikes at these kinda races
hvaughn88
8/27/2016 3:26pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance when it comes to endurocross, but did they make a rule where trials bikes weren't legal to ride? I thought I remember...

-clueless in Conway
colintrax wrote:
There's a class specifically for trials bikes. They're at a disadvantage to moto bikes at these kinda races
Cool, thanks for the info. I really wanna go watch one of these events. They look badass on tv so I know they have to be unreal in person

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2562nd
8/27/2016 3:30pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Cool, thanks for the info. I really wanna go watch one of these events. They look badass on tv so I know they have to be...
Cool, thanks for the info. I really wanna go watch one of these events. They look badass on tv so I know they have to be unreal in person
Check groupon for tickets, I got mine for $18 bottom level. Can't think of a better way to spend $20
hvaughn88
8/27/2016 3:30pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Cool, thanks for the info. I really wanna go watch one of these events. They look badass on tv so I know they have to be...
colintrax wrote:
Check groupon for tickets, I got mine for $18 bottom level. Can't think of a better way to spend $20
Will do!
JM485
8/27/2016 6:16pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
If you can make it out to one it's an awesome event. If I remember right you have a kid, so bring them along and enjoy the pits, it's a lot more open than at a supercross or outdoor event and nobody acts like a rockstar. The hot laps session right before the final is awesome to watch as well, just one rider at a time trying to set the fastest lap for gate pick so things can get a little crazy.

Oh yea, and if wild Wally Palmer is on the track you might as well keep your eyes on him at all times!Woohoo
hvaughn88
8/27/2016 6:25pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
JM485 wrote:
If you can make it out to one it's an awesome event. If I remember right you have a kid, so bring them along and enjoy...
If you can make it out to one it's an awesome event. If I remember right you have a kid, so bring them along and enjoy the pits, it's a lot more open than at a supercross or outdoor event and nobody acts like a rockstar. The hot laps session right before the final is awesome to watch as well, just one rider at a time trying to set the fastest lap for gate pick so things can get a little crazy.

Oh yea, and if wild Wally Palmer is on the track you might as well keep your eyes on him at all times!Woohoo
Yup, I bet my son would absolutely love it. Hopefully they come somewhere close. I need to check the schedule
kzizok
Fantasy
1439th
8/27/2016 7:55pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Well damn.
Used to have one at the Lazy E in Guthrie, OK where the national arenacross was held as well. I thought that location had one of the best turnouts but Im not very smart and have the memory of a tapeworm.
Pirate421
8/27/2016 8:05pm
Dang was watching some cool Instagram vids. Place looked empty though?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
116th
8/27/2016 9:17pm
I just got some Tickets for the AZ event. It says doors open at 6 pm. Is this an event like SX where you can go all day and check out the pits, watch practice, etc - or do you actually show up at 6 pm? We like to go most of the day, check out the pits, talk to the riders, etc.
Jack_Wagon
8/27/2016 10:16pm
Tonight was my first time attending an Endurocross. Nowhere near as entertaining as the Atlanta SX, but well worth attending. Gwinnett Arena is a top notch facility, but the crowd was pretty weak. I think they need to advertise this event more. Maybe get the local dealerships more involved and get Durhamtown on board in some capacity.
dan586
8/27/2016 10:27pm
There was action all day. Amateur, women and vet classes fill up the time. This was a somewhat tame course since there was no matrix. One thing I noticed was there didn't seem to be many bros in attendance.

Post a reply to: Endurocross, first time!

The Latest