|
Moto167
8/13/2013 6:03pm
Sorry can't make link work lol
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2998th
8/13/2013 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2013 6:23pm
Damn can IT get a deal in europe atleast, dude haulin ass.
Moto167
8/13/2013 6:20pm
Thanks Dirt_Dawg I'm half retarded on the computerTongue

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3656th
8/13/2013 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2013 6:22pm
Is it the camera angle, or is he just haulin a-- on that thing. That was some angry riding for sure! Sweet!
headache
8/13/2013 6:28pm
why in the hell won't he take that bike to a national and kick some ass with it? He could easily qualify and score points on it i believe
njracer46
8/13/2013 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2013 6:31pm

looks nasty

edit: got it first!
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2998th
8/13/2013 6:36pm
Moto167 wrote:
Thanks Dirt_Dawg I'm half retarded on the computerTongue

Just kidding bro.
Flip109
8/13/2013 6:57pm
headache wrote:
why in the hell won't he take that bike to a national and kick some ass with it? He could easily qualify and score points on...
why in the hell won't he take that bike to a national and kick some ass with it? He could easily qualify and score points on it i believe
THIS! Least just finish one Moto
Camp332
8/13/2013 7:01pm
headache wrote:
why in the hell won't he take that bike to a national and kick some ass with it? He could easily qualify and score points on...
He is a past champion. Rolling out to a national to score a couple points on his 2-stroke is not fun. Did you listen to his interview?
FI2T
8/13/2013 7:01pm
Holy quicks!!! IT on a TSM bike would without question make the world a better place!
burn1986
Fantasy
3656th
8/13/2013 7:08pm
FI2T wrote:
Holy quicks!!! IT on a TSM bike would without question make the world a better place!
X100 on that!
jeffro503
8/13/2013 7:11pm
Three things here..........

1st......I dig Ivan , always have and would love to see him out there.

This is about Transworld........

2nd........Why do you guys have a "Contour" helmet cam commercial tied to the video? Didn't they just announce about a week ago they are going out of business?

3rd.........You interview a rider.......you should at least wait until he's done finishing a sentence before cutting him off. At the very end.....seems you were a few seconds short I believe.
mynewcr250
8/13/2013 7:22pm
headache wrote:
did you watch the video?

pretty much says it all, he has no intention of going to qualify or score some points, he wants a full on race effort. he's not going to waste his time taking his personal bike to prove a point about 2 strokes. he doesnt give a shit.
mynewcr250
8/13/2013 7:23pm
headache wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
He is a past champion. Rolling out to a national to score a couple points on his 2-stroke is not fun. Did you listen to his...
He is a past champion. Rolling out to a national to score a couple points on his 2-stroke is not fun. Did you listen to his interview?
seems someone already answered.
500guy
8/13/2013 7:59pm
headache wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
He is a past champion. Rolling out to a national to score a couple points on his 2-stroke is not fun. Did you listen to his...
mynewcr250 wrote:
seems someone already answered.
I respect the fact he is out there on his own dime, riding and staying prepared.
8/13/2013 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2013 8:37pm
If IT9 wants to be a hero he would race a 2 stroke.

Sure he wouldn't have a shot at winning but no doubt he would be making mains and it could be a marketing coup for some team. Not to mention all the fans he would pick up.

Maybe JGR puts him on a YZ250

or

Butler Brothers on a sweet looking KTM 250

Would he win. No.

But he would get big time exposure for the team and himself.

At the end of the day this sport boils down to exposure, marketing, and selling stuff.
2T42
8/13/2013 8:59pm
What if TSM took all the support from three bikes and 3 random riders and commit to IT9. Make it happen for serious.
500guy
8/13/2013 9:09pm
That's a great plan, Walter. That's fuckin' ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss fuckin' watch.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4487th
8/13/2013 9:15pm
If IT9 wants to be a hero he would race a 2 stroke. Sure he wouldn't have a shot at winning but no doubt he would...
If IT9 wants to be a hero he would race a 2 stroke.

Sure he wouldn't have a shot at winning but no doubt he would be making mains and it could be a marketing coup for some team. Not to mention all the fans he would pick up.

Maybe JGR puts him on a YZ250

or

Butler Brothers on a sweet looking KTM 250

Would he win. No.

But he would get big time exposure for the team and himself.

At the end of the day this sport boils down to exposure, marketing, and selling stuff.
Exactly! Agreed 100%. Even if he didn't win he'd be a hero and get a lot of exposure. He wouldn't be forgotten if he did that. He could go out on top with the fans like KDub did, IMO...
Myke
Fantasy
3127th
8/13/2013 9:18pm
2T42 wrote:
What if TSM took all the support from three bikes and 3 random riders and commit to IT9. Make it happen for serious.
I remember a thread TSM mentioned he was trying to get in touch with him. IT would never do it tho.
slipdog
8/13/2013 9:36pm
Maybe if the no money, crappy TSM ride doesn't pan out he can go to Europe and race one of Leib's old POS Husky's for little to no money. Shit, I hope he doesn't read this and start holding his breath!
DocMarten
8/13/2013 9:50pm
slipdog wrote:
Maybe if the no money, crappy TSM ride doesn't pan out he can go to Europe and race one of Leib's old POS Husky's for little...
Maybe if the no money, crappy TSM ride doesn't pan out he can go to Europe and race one of Leib's old POS Husky's for little to no money. Shit, I hope he doesn't read this and start holding his breath!
x2

i think alot of people forget that these dudes race for a living.

imagine if IT9 or any other pro came on here and said "hey keyboardjockey750, why dont you take a job at a temp agency as an administrative assistant or some data entry position, meanwhile you have an established corporate career"

i dont blame these guys for not wanting to spend their own money on their programs..its not like they have skills that would transfer over into the real world that would make them money..lol..u fucking retards
FGR01
Fantasy
764th
8/13/2013 10:14pm
Only if they allowed him to run a big bore.. and direct injection. Then he would own RV with that 2-stroke.
FI2T
8/13/2013 10:16pm
I might be wrong but I think I heard TSM is paying all fees for these riders? Whats wrong with racing for free if he's not curently getting paid to do it? He might get picked up if he does well enough. I am not saying he would run top ten but scoring points would be a great possibility. I would bet if he hit top 15 someone else might give him a ride. Marshall is close and now might be the biggest fan favorite outdoor top 10-20 guy out there other then Reed. Reed doesn't count though he will be back where he belongs in sx top 5. Regardless the IT can make that YZ sing!
8/13/2013 10:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2013 10:55pm
slipdog wrote:
Maybe if the no money, crappy TSM ride doesn't pan out he can go to Europe and race one of Leib's old POS Husky's for little...
DocMarten wrote:
x2 i think alot of people forget that these dudes race for a living. imagine if IT9 or any other pro came on here and said...
x2

imagine if IT9 or any other pro came on here and said "hey keyboardjockey750, why dont you take a job at a temp agency as an administrative assistant or some data entry position, meanwhile you have an established corporate career"

i dont blame these guys for not wanting to spend their own money on their programs..its not like they have skills that would transfer over into the real world that would make them money..lol..u fucking retards
That is a little different than me becoming a temp.

The optimist in IT9 is telling him he can go out there and podium.

The realist in IT9 has to tell him that short of the top 5 crashing he will never win again.

You and I have accepted that fact a lonnngggg time ago.

Think about it, I accepted like you (probably) that I would never make a night show at a supercross.

Once you can accept that then you can start actually having fun and make decisions that are best for you.

So lets be realist here and look at two options for IT9.

Option A. He gets a great ride, maybe Rockstar Suzuki, JGR, something like that on a 450. What is he gonna do? 8th, 10th, 12th? I don't know. Is he gonna really be happy with that? Probably not, he is a winner and 8th is no place for a winner.

Option B. He gets a ride on a two stroke with the ONLY real goal making the mains and marketing. Make the main, put on a show, and be a media darling. Sell, sell, sell, B to B, whatever. I think at that point he would be having more fun with less pressure and he would be the next Kdub. The autograph line for the guy on the two stroke would be halfway through the pits and I think for a guy like him that would be fun.

If I were him, that's would I would do.
DocMarten
8/13/2013 11:21pm
slipdog wrote:
DocMarten wrote:
x2 i think alot of people forget that these dudes race for a living. imagine if IT9 or any other pro came on here and said...
x2

That is a little different than me becoming a temp. The optimist in IT9 is telling him he can go out there and podium. The realist...

The realist in IT9 has to tell him that short of the top 5 crashing he will never win again.

Think about it, I accepted like you (probably) that I would never make a night show at a supercross.

Once you can accept that then you can start actually having fun and make decisions that are best for you.

Option A. He gets a great ride, maybe Rockstar Suzuki, JGR, something like that on a 450. What is he gonna do? 8th, 10th, 12th? I don't know. Is he gonna really be happy with that? Probably not, he is a winner and 8th is no place for a winner.

Option B. He gets a ride on a two stroke with the ONLY real goal making the mains and marketing. Make the main, put on a show, and be a media darling. Sell, sell, sell, B to B, whatever. I think at that point he would be having more fun with less pressure and he would be the next Kdub. The autograph line for the guy on the two stroke would be halfway through the pits and I think for a guy like him that would be fun.

Enough said.
resetjet
8/14/2013 4:59am
What he really was saying is that if someone will pay him decent to race he will. Not gonna go out there and screw up his body for free.
DrSweden
8/14/2013 6:58am
slipdog wrote:
DocMarten wrote:
x2

That is a little different than me becoming a temp. The optimist in IT9 is telling him he can go out there and podium. The realist...

Totally. At this point in his career I don't see him getting paid for maybe top 10-15 positions. If he went two-stroke, got some attention maybe some sponsors would look as you say and send some cash in his way? The two-stroke idea, is filtered by my Taliban stand, but for me makes sense even objectively. If Metty couldn't land a deal, what are the odds for IT at this point?

Post a reply to: IT9 2 stroke riding and interview

The Latest