KX125 issues. PLEASE HELP!

ESCHBACH
Edited Date/Time 7/9/2014 3:21pm
Alright moto world, I have a 05 kx125 and it just recently started messing up. When I start it up, it runs and idles fine, but when I give it throttle it is practically redlining with maybe 1/8 of throttle twist. My first thought was maybe the carb, so I pulled it off and it was clean as a whistle, I sprayed a little carb cleaner in there and then I pulled the reeds out. They seem to be carbon fiber reeds, but they seem to be fine, no cracks or anything. So I pulled out the plug and put in a new one and still nothing. I pulled the pipe off and checked the power valve and it is opening fine and the valve rod or arm whatever is pulling fine too. I then thought it kind of sounded like an air leak issue. So I checked for cracks or holes in the air filter boot and reed boot, didnt see any or hear any when spraying brake fluid on it while running (good trick). Only issue I see is the boot that covers up the valve rod on the front of the engine under the exhaust port is leaking a lot of oil but I dont think that has anything to do with it. If anybody has any ideas please let me know because I am absolutely stumped. Oh and by the way there is a lot of oil and soot around the pipe coming out. I know a little is supposed to but this is more than normal. Always mixed between 32:1 and 40:1. PLEASE HELP!
|
FGR01
Fantasy
697th
3/11/2014 9:13pm
Crank seals.

Could be 1 or both of the crank seals. The left side one will suck air only (and allow 2-stroke oil to dribble out behind the stator) and the right one can suck both air and tranny oil, which could explain your new found exhaust spooge.

Also, the power valve shaft probably has a small seal around it which may have developed an air leak and may explain the oil dripping out the powervalve actuator cover.
andres247
3/11/2014 10:46pm
ESCHBACH wrote:
Alright moto world, I have a 05 kx125 and it just recently started messing up. When I start it up, it runs and idles fine, but...
Alright moto world, I have a 05 kx125 and it just recently started messing up. When I start it up, it runs and idles fine, but when I give it throttle it is practically redlining with maybe 1/8 of throttle twist. My first thought was maybe the carb, so I pulled it off and it was clean as a whistle, I sprayed a little carb cleaner in there and then I pulled the reeds out. They seem to be carbon fiber reeds, but they seem to be fine, no cracks or anything. So I pulled out the plug and put in a new one and still nothing. I pulled the pipe off and checked the power valve and it is opening fine and the valve rod or arm whatever is pulling fine too. I then thought it kind of sounded like an air leak issue. So I checked for cracks or holes in the air filter boot and reed boot, didnt see any or hear any when spraying brake fluid on it while running (good trick). Only issue I see is the boot that covers up the valve rod on the front of the engine under the exhaust port is leaking a lot of oil but I dont think that has anything to do with it. If anybody has any ideas please let me know because I am absolutely stumped. Oh and by the way there is a lot of oil and soot around the pipe coming out. I know a little is supposed to but this is more than normal. Always mixed between 32:1 and 40:1. PLEASE HELP!
have you checked your throttle cable? could be binding up possibly? I know just replacing parts trying to guess what it could be can be frustrating. but replacing the throttle cable should be cheap and might be the problem. just and idea, hope this helps.
HenryA
3/12/2014 10:11am
Is the intake tighten up correctly and sealed like it should be?
pete24
3/12/2014 10:46am
base gasket maybe

The Shop

ESCHBACH
3/12/2014 1:44pm
Well I went through everything pulled the ignition cover off and sprayed some brake fluid behind the flywheel to see if the crank seal on the left is bad, and it seems to be fine. so the only other thing is the right side seal. Does anyone know how easy it is to check if the right side seal is bad? I dont wunna just dive in there and tear it all apart and not be sure how to get it all back together.
7/9/2014 4:25am
hope your question has been answered. How did you adaptthose kxf pastics to your bike??
ESCHBACH
7/9/2014 3:21pm
Danpadula wrote:
hope your question has been answered. How did you adaptthose kxf pastics to your bike??
Well, fixed this problem. Now it's bogging down and running like crap. Thinking it's the coil or stator. But I bought 08 kx450f shrouds, they're the last year that the top bolts line up on, and bolted the tops and made mounts for the bottom. The '14 front end bolts right on.

Post a reply to: KX125 issues. PLEASE HELP!

The Latest