Modernizing/ rebuilding a 2002 CR250R

Rowlands
3/23/2015 2:25am
Looking good man but have to agree on the wheels. Gold or black rims IMO
Slosh 112
3/23/2015 3:23am
When I did my last rebuild on my friends 03 cr125, we used a 2014 crf front fender and a cycra front plate. Only needed to elongate the front holes a bit, looks great. Your sticker kit is very similar to the one my friend went with.

3/23/2015 11:47am
Rowlands wrote:
Looking good man but have to agree on the wheels. Gold or black rims IMO
Thanks man I appreciate it! I'm just trying to get parts as money allows. But eventually it will have some nice wheels and the suspension work I want done to it
3/23/2015 11:49am
Slosh 112 wrote:
When I did my last rebuild on my friends 03 cr125, we used a 2014 crf front fender and a cycra front plate. Only needed to...
When I did my last rebuild on my friends 03 cr125, we used a 2014 crf front fender and a cycra front plate. Only needed to elongate the front holes a bit, looks great. Your sticker kit is very similar to the one my friend went with.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to give it a look sometime this week and go from there. Hopefully a quick fix and get it mounted up. That 125 is super clean BTW!

The Shop

Slosh 112
3/24/2015 3:30pm
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to give it a look sometime this week and go from there. Hopefully a quick fix and get it...
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to give it a look sometime this week and go from there. Hopefully a quick fix and get it mounted up. That 125 is super clean BTW!
Too easy, if we were going to do it again I would have made him buy a factory finish pipe, sounds stupid but they are easier to keep looking nice I think, the nickel plating gets small stone chips off the front wheel and you see rust stains running after it sits for a day, factory finish you can just whack it off, hit it with green scotch brite and Inox or WD40 and it comes up schmick.

Your Honda is coming up nice, newer front fender and plate is an easy way to modernise the look of a bike, I've got an RMZ front end for my RM125 build.

What piston did you buy for it?
3/25/2015 10:55am
Slosh 112 wrote:
Too easy, if we were going to do it again I would have made him buy a factory finish pipe, sounds stupid but they are easier...
Too easy, if we were going to do it again I would have made him buy a factory finish pipe, sounds stupid but they are easier to keep looking nice I think, the nickel plating gets small stone chips off the front wheel and you see rust stains running after it sits for a day, factory finish you can just whack it off, hit it with green scotch brite and Inox or WD40 and it comes up schmick.

Your Honda is coming up nice, newer front fender and plate is an easy way to modernise the look of a bike, I've got an RMZ front end for my RM125 build.

What piston did you buy for it?
I definitely agree man, I had an FMF gnarly on there before and no matter what I did to try and clean it, it still looks like garbage. And as far as the RMs go, I think that the new style front fender is a must. I really like the way they look after that.

And I bought a wiseco pro lite. It came with the top and bottom end rebuild from Hot Rods I picked up through motosport. I need to get some oiling holes drilled on the exhaust side hopefully this week then I can button it all up and stick it in the chassis. I just don't want to go through all the time and money and then stick a piston in a brand new cylinder.
4/1/2015 1:03pm
Got the motor finished and stuffed in the bike last night Cool it's amazing what fresh parts will do to a tired motor, this thing runs tits! Even just idling on the stand you can tell a definitive tone and response difference. Running more heat cycles today, breaking it In tomorrow, riding the sand dunes all weekend.

slackinoff
4/7/2015 9:25am
Looks excellent! I hope you had fun in the dunes.
lumpy790
4/26/2015 8:47am
just in for the 2000 - 2002 CR250 .....

4/27/2015 9:29am
lumpy790 wrote:
just in for the 2000 - 2002 CR250 ..... [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/lumpy790/media/APA/MotoHose/CR%202%20stroke/image.jpg1_zpse7m9xg2d.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lumpy790/APA/MotoHose/CR%202%20stroke/image.jpg1_zpse7m9xg2d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
just in for the 2000 - 2002 CR250 .....

oh thank god finally someone comes out with a colored hose kit! the only ones I found before were through mylers, and the logo was hideous so I didn't buy them. i'll have to look into those Motohose ones for sure. the black factory ones are pretty boring IMO. thanks for the heads up!
RMRider1
4/27/2015 11:57am
Got the motor finished and stuffed in the bike last night B) it's amazing what fresh parts will do to a tired motor, this thing runs...
Got the motor finished and stuffed in the bike last night Cool it's amazing what fresh parts will do to a tired motor, this thing runs tits! Even just idling on the stand you can tell a definitive tone and response difference. Running more heat cycles today, breaking it In tomorrow, riding the sand dunes all weekend.

Is that piston at TDC? Just wondering b/c I believe it should sit pretty much flush with top of cylinder to achieve correct squish...
5/1/2015 2:47pm
RMRider1 wrote:
Is that piston at TDC? Just wondering b/c I believe it should sit pretty much flush with top of cylinder to achieve correct squish...
No it probably wasn't, I just rotated to motor through the stroke a handful of times and took the picture when it was near the top. When I did rotate it through and go slowly, it made it all the way to the top of the cylinder. Good eye though!
5/10/2015 6:16pm
Well after a couple of hours screwing around in the garage, I finally got the motor out of the frame and on the workbench.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/12/21/74651/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/12/21/74652/s1200_image.jpg[/img] And...
Well after a couple of hours screwing around in the garage, I finally got the motor out of the frame and on the workbench.

And as you can see, she needs a whole lot of TLC. Give me a couple months and it'll look a hell of a lot better!

I'm looking for 02 Honda cr250r engine for sale, is you sale in it?
WileCyot
5/10/2015 8:56pm
How much you want for engine?
He's not selling the motor. He just rebuilt it and threw it back in the bike.
5/11/2015 11:54am
So I've been sitting on this Motoseat cover for about 3 months and finally decided to put it on. Looks pretty good if you ask me...

Post a reply to: Modernizing/ rebuilding a 2002 CR250R

The Latest