Showa Shock absorber compression adjuster rebuild

Slosh 112
Just rebuilt me Showa shock off my 2008 RM125, filled it with oil and charged the bladder with nitrogen, once I filled it with nitrogen I went to test it, removed the spring and set all of the adjustments to their lowest settings. Rebound and both compression adjusters set on their "softest" settings, found that the low speed compression adjuster does not seem to have any limits anymore, the high speed adjuster works fine.

Does anybody know how to fix these adjusters, like I said the high speed side of it works fine its just the low speed that not working. I had it out of the shock and I couldn't figure out how to strip it apart to service it. I can hold the body of it in the socket I used screw it into the sock body and there is a 10mm nut on the inside of it on a staked shaft but they are not attached directly so I can't undo the nut, I figured this was what held it together but I noticed a small snap ring on the inside of the outer body of the adjuster, but I can't push the inside section in enough to get the clearance to remove the snap ring.

Surely these are a serviceable item, how can I fix it? I live in Australia so Comments like "send it to Factory Connection" won't help at all. I had a quick search around and I couldn't find anything helpfull.
|

Post a reply to: Showa Shock absorber compression adjuster rebuild

The Latest