Any need to know tech on a TTR 50?

HardTaco
My sister picked up a ttr50 for my nephew for Christmas. I've changed the oil, cleaned the carb, charged the battery, cleaned and lubed everything, adjusted the auto clutch.... Anything I'm missing? Any cheap and easy mods or anything I need to look out for?
|
Falcon
Fantasy
407th
11/18/2016 4:25pm
Tell your nephew to turn it off using the key. If it stays on, it will drain the battery even with the run switch on the off position.
HardTaco
11/18/2016 4:27pm
Falcon wrote:
Tell your nephew to turn it off using the key. If it stays on, it will drain the battery even with the run switch on the...
Tell your nephew to turn it off using the key. If it stays on, it will drain the battery even with the run switch on the off position.
Thanks, I had read that I think. Something to do with the carb heater. This thing is harder to work on than my yz smokers lol
11/19/2016 10:26am
Just sold mine about a week ago. It had about three hours on it. One thing that will surely be noticed, if the bike falls down ,and stays on the ground for any length of time, the air box will probably fill with oil from the crank case breather tube. Bike will smoke like a freight train until the filter ,intake boot, and box are dried out.

Cap the air box port, and put a small breather / filter on the vent tube.

HardTaco
11/19/2016 11:20am
Good to know. I'll definitely do that bc I'm sure it will be on its side a lot with a new rider

Post a reply to: Any need to know tech on a TTR 50?

The Latest