KTM 250

Atvans_2brp
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2024 12:48pm

This was what the bike looked like when I got it. Wanted to make it better and find some good parts for it like a full TI exhaust, Works shock, ECU from JD off a GP bike (Which I believed was impossible), Vented number plate like they ran outdoors, some silver plastics that McGrath ran on his Budlight KTM, ONE Industries graphics and seat cover and bling parts.

Got a full Ti four exhaust from Pro-Circuit that was NOS

Got the exhaust on and sounded much crisper and gave more bottom end. You may notice that I got bored and Polished the kickstarter and the rear Brake, also added the Brake snake.

This is not the works shock I was expecting or looking for but has a crazy back story to it. This Ohlins rear shock came off of DOC Bodnars Ktm he built quite a few years ago and has the works done to it internally pared with a Ti spring. Always loved Ohlins, had then on all my big bikes.

Got my vented Number plate and new cycra handguards cause they are a must for the woods. Also if you are wondering what that second cable is next to the front brake line it is a computer cable.

You can just see how clean it looks. Minus the surface rust above the frame guard.

First ride after new shock and PC pipe.

Got a NOS One Industries seat cover.

Got the One Industries graphics to.

Now this was a harder part to find, the silver radiator shrouds are really sweet and have the rear silver fender as well.

Put a NOS power parts heat shield on.

Closer look on the bike 

Now this is the best part of this build A factory JD race ECU from the Netherlands with to maps and a data plug in to see the engine info.

Thats all for now on the build as this is my hobby and not my life but will plan to do some ODI bars and lock on grips(Been using ODI on jetskis for a very long time and trust them the most) and will get the rear brake master cylinder with no site glass cause I'm very hard on my rear brakes.

Here is a update found the works rear brake master cylinder off Blake Baggets 2018 Rocky mountain Ktm. Really happy I found this, was looking for a little bit but final secured it and will install it very soon. Also reached out to JD racing about the ECU and still getting more info on it so I will be very interested to see who's bike it came off and what the tune is!!

Just got a carbon fiber front disc guard from a friend and will throw the adapter piece for the spacer on it then mount it up.

Got the works rear master cylinder on the bike and it looks super trick. I am very excited to go riding and test this thing out. Also one of the other things is the billet rear brake hanger that I have on there.

What it looked like before

A quick comparison of the stock and works.

The works shock and the brake really make it look trick.My Ktm powerparts superspox (IK my wheels look like crap i willy get around to it)

There is the billet hanger with a disc guard attached to it for added protection.

So I got this a While back and is currently sitting on my other bike i was riding and i was thinking about trying it on the 250, only downside is it is just a stock ohlins with no works parts like a Ti spring or custom internals. Tell me what should I do.

Poll

Wheels

Choices
|
PTshox
14 hours ago

Evil handling bike. You'll need a good back surgeons phone number to keep you healthy. 

Just say no. 

Does anyone remember Stefan Everts comments after his first ride abord a non linked KTM bike the day after he retired from MXGP? What he said after that test?

Post a reply to: KTM 250

The Latest