TRUMP - $355 million verdict

Oldschool

The potential future Dictator 

Has yet  another hurdle /  pile of doo doo to wade through

|
Titan1
2/16/2024 5:11pm

It’s incredible to me how badly the establishment wants Trump, not just out of politics, but completely ruined…they will not stop until he’s bankrupt and/or in prison…or…dead.  It’s honestly telling of exactly how bad the establishment is…he’s a threat (because he doesn’t march to their orders) and must be destroyed at all costs.

2/16/2024 5:22pm

Didn't Trump say he was worth $10B, good news for his supporters, he shouldn't need any donations to pay $355m.

ns503
2/16/2024 5:25pm
Titan1 wrote:
It’s incredible to me how badly the establishment wants Trump, not just out of politics, but completely ruined…they will not stop until he’s bankrupt and/or in...

It’s incredible to me how badly the establishment wants Trump, not just out of politics, but completely ruined…they will not stop until he’s bankrupt and/or in prison…or…dead.  It’s honestly telling of exactly how bad the establishment is…he’s a threat (because he doesn’t march to their orders) and must be destroyed at all costs.

Or, he's a shyster of immense proportions and it's finally catching up to him.

Titan1
2/16/2024 5:33pm
Titan1 wrote:
It’s incredible to me how badly the establishment wants Trump, not just out of politics, but completely ruined…they will not stop until he’s bankrupt and/or in...

ns503 wrote:

Oh, he’s a shyster alright (just like the rest of them)…but he does and says whatever he wants (like it or hate it)…and because the establishment can’t control him, they are trying to ruin him.  

The Shop

inflammable
2/16/2024 5:36pm
ns503 wrote:

How exactly is he a shyster when he/his company paid the loan back in full ?

inflammable
2/16/2024 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2024 5:54pm

I believe the bank also did their own due diligence and still loaned the money.  

Above is just a ruling from a judge that had already made up his mind before the trial started. 

AZ35
Fantasy
477th
2/16/2024 6:02pm

I wonder how many of the dozens (if not hundreds) of wealthy big wig NYC developers the AG will go after next using this same precedent?

My guess- 0 will be the answer.

If you are dumb enough to believe that every real estate developer doesn't do the same thing and put a high valuation on everything they own, then you are dumb enough to believe this case was about facts not politics.

inflammable
2/16/2024 6:10pm
AZ35 wrote:
I wonder how many of the dozens (if not hundreds) of wealthy big wig NYC developers the AG will go after next using this same precedent...

I wonder how many of the dozens (if not hundreds) of wealthy big wig NYC developers the AG will go after next using this same precedent?

If you are dumb enough to believe that every real estate developer doesn't do the same thing and put a high valuation on everything they own, then you are dumb enough to believe this case was about facts not politics.

Yep, Trump was singled out for one reason and one reason only....he's a threat to the DC political establishment. 

2/16/2024 6:13pm
I believe the bank also did their own due diligence and still loaned the money.   Above is just a ruling from a judge that had already...

I believe the bank also did their own due diligence and still loaned the money.  

Above is just a ruling from a judge that had already made up his mind before the trial started. 

Are you referring to the summary judgement from September 26, 2023...

image-20240217130941-2

If Trump thinks the Judge didn't apply the law correctly, he can appeal and prove that to a higher court.

2/16/2024 6:14pm
AZ35 wrote:
I wonder how many of the dozens (if not hundreds) of wealthy big wig NYC developers the AG will go after next using this same precedent...

Yep, Trump was singled out for one reason and one reason only....he's a threat to the DC political establishment. 

If he didn't break the law, he should have nothing to worry about, appeal the decision to a higher court, and clear his name.

inflammable
2/16/2024 6:27pm

So let me get this straight - you are siding with the judge that Mar-A-Lago is worth $18 million?

AZ35
Fantasy
477th
2/16/2024 6:28pm
AZ35 wrote:

If he didn't break the law, he should have nothing to worry about, appeal the decision to a higher court, and clear his name.

He has already said he will appeal, and the AG knew that going in. But that appeal process will take a long time, like after the upcoming Presidential election.

Which is what they wanted, just more dirt they can have the MSM covering 24/7 so he is "Guilty".

Even if it all ends up getting thrown out, they just wanted the headlines of "Trump Guilty" before the election. What happens after they don't care. Election Interference 101.

Oldschool
2/16/2024 6:29pm

5 Thumbs down !?!

Is that all you got !!

Hey life long Republican...

But no way not Trump..

inflammable
2/16/2024 6:30pm

All the guilty verdict does is bring more voters to Trump. It just enhances the impression that the system is rigged and if they will use it against him they will certainly use it against us. 

2/16/2024 6:34pm

So let me get this straight - you are siding with the judge that Mar-A-Lago is worth $18 million?

Instead of listening to the media, why don't you read the court ruling...

image-20240217133256-2

If it is valued higher, Trump owes taxes.

2/16/2024 6:35pm
All the guilty verdict does is bring more voters to Trump. It just enhances the impression that the system is rigged and if they will use...

All the guilty verdict does is bring more voters to Trump. It just enhances the impression that the system is rigged and if they will use it against him they will certainly use it against us. 

None of his voters will read the court ruling for themselves, go on I dare you to read to whole document!

jrrundle
2/16/2024 6:38pm

This should concern people on the left and right. I understand people that dislike Trump view this as a win but you need to think bigger then that. A judge was able to value a property and assign damages when there were no victims. This was a private transaction with a bank that did their due diligence to assign a valuation and provide a loan that was paid back in full with interest. The bank even served as a witness that this was not a unique case and that they would happily provide loans in the future. Whether you like Trump or not this should have absolutely have never been brought before a court. 

inflammable
2/16/2024 6:40pm

Trump signing away HIS right to further develop the property does not mean it still wouldn't be worth $1 - $1.5 billion for someone ELSE to buy the property and develop it. 

The value is not limited to what he can do with it. 

APLMAN99
2/16/2024 6:43pm

TDS = Trump Deity Syndrome, apparently. The poor, persecuted messiah who shall not be held to the laws of man…..

inflammable
2/16/2024 6:46pm

Trump voters know what/who they are voting for

Democrats don't know who/what they are voting for, only who to vote against because they are told he's a bad man and wants to take over the country, all the while not even understanding what the Democrats and many old school Republicans have been doing to this country. 

jrrundle is right - if this doesn't concern you and you are only celebrating that the bad man got what he deserves, then you really need to spend a week listening to commentators who you only disagree with. There is a reason so many are switching sides now. 

jrrundle
2/16/2024 6:48pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

TDS = Trump Deity Syndrome, apparently. The poor, persecuted messiah who shall not be held to the laws of man…..

If he was guilty I would say "sure yeah he's guilty" but I think you can agree that this is not the call to be calling him a deity. When had a judge ever assigned valuation of a property and created a victim out of thin air? You can look at properties yourself and see they are so much higher than $18 million for significantly smaller properties with no water view in the general area. The bank is the ultimate decider with how they want to invest and risk their money, and they said themselves they had no issue with the loan. 

AZ35
Fantasy
477th
2/16/2024 6:52pm
jrrundle wrote:
This should concern people on the left and right. I understand people that dislike Trump view this as a win but you need to think bigger...

This should concern people on the left and right. I understand people that dislike Trump view this as a win but you need to think bigger then that. A judge was able to value a property and assign damages when there were no victims. This was a private transaction with a bank that did their due diligence to assign a valuation and provide a loan that was paid back in full with interest. The bank even served as a witness that this was not a unique case and that they would happily provide loans in the future. Whether you like Trump or not this should have absolutely have never been brought before a court. 

Exactly. 

Every developer in NYC (and pretty much anywhere now that there is a "precedent case") is now going to reconsider future projects.

What if they donate funds to the wrong political party, and some AG decides to use the Trump case precedent to subpoena past project valuation documents?

And it can go both ways, revenge can be a bitch. Some conservative AG could decide to go after a big D supporter using the same precedent case.

Politics should never be in our legal justice system. But this is just another example of election interference via lawfare.

inflammable
2/16/2024 6:54pm
Trump signing away HIS right to further develop the property does not mean it still wouldn't be worth $1 - $1.5 billion for someone ELSE to...

Trump signing away HIS right to further develop the property does not mean it still wouldn't be worth $1 - $1.5 billion for someone ELSE to buy the property and develop it. 

The value is not limited to what he can do with it. 

I see someone down voted this.

Are they willing to explain why it is wrong? 😁

drenmaster
Fantasy
1218th
2/16/2024 6:55pm

Petty stuff for the most part... But they been after this dude since before he was president so I am not surprised, curious what they will do next.. Imagine if they went after real corruption among all politicians in DC. The "swamp" would literally be drained on both sides but that will never happen and that is the scary party of this. 

jrrundle
2/16/2024 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2024 7:14pm

People want perceived victories against Trump and are willing to accept perversion of law to get it. If Trump is guilty of something, great then prosecute him if the evidence and law is there but as we have seen everything has essentially been a stretch. Some more than others but this instance is a big stretch and ultimately is one of the biggest examples of weaponization of the law against someone. 

olds cool
2/16/2024 7:14pm

If this precedent is the way of the future in New York and NYC in particular, then any real estate developer with a brain will take their business somewhere else and this should be the beginning of the end of further development there.

Anybody that knows anything about RE development and how banks make loans knows that this is ludicrous.

Titan1
2/16/2024 8:39pm

$355M in damages…who was damaged?

I deal with loans on real estate every day and have for over 20 years…in that time period, people have always put whatever they want for the value of their property/ies on the loan application…if that will now be deemed loan fraud (if that estimate is more than the actual value), then there must be millions of loan applicants in new york scared right now…

Here is how things work in reality, people fill out an application, list all their assets (including stating the value of their assets) if the bank plans to use the property as collateral, or a compensating asset, they will do their own due diligence to evaluate the value/equity of the property.  If they aren’t planning to consider it for collateral or a compensating asset, they either ignore it all together and don’t factor it into their decision and/or remove it from the loan application all together.  

There is no fraud here…the loans were paid back…so again…who was damaged?

This just makes Trump look like a victim and that the establishment is out to get him (leading his followers to believe he must be on to something, so it deepens their support for him)…little doubt this was a witch hunt…and politically motivated…and sets an awful precedent in New York…

JustMX
2/16/2024 8:40pm

I read an article about what is involved in appealing a judgement in NY state.

One has to post the amount of the judgement they are appealing, plus 9% interest starting at the time of the infraction.

I believe that the math used for the rape/libel cas was 83 mil, plus another20 mil in interest.

Now that there is a judgement on this case his real estate assets in NY will be tied up so he can't use them to secure a bond.

Now there are companies that will post a bond on your behalf, but they are concerned that trump will get reelected and this matter will not get resolved until after 2028.

He might need the money from his truth merger just to get some to post these bonds

Post a reply to: TRUMP - $355 million verdict

The Latest