2003 Cr125 Build

I think the 2 stroke fever is a real thing haha! One of my good friends/customers had me do up a complete 2004 Honda Cr125 a few weeks ago. For some reason I thought I had to have one after that. So I picked out a nice 2003. Thankfully It already came with a newish set of (less than 4hrs ride time) TX Race plastic conversion kit on it, yay! The bike was respectful, yes. But if you know me, you know I don't let nothing get past going trough my hands before I ride it and show it off haha! So here are some pics of the build, enjoy!

Here are the before pics of the bike

The frame was pretty clean to begin with, but I went ahead and gave her lots of rubbing and care. And by lots I mean a couple hours lol

Same thing for the subframe, but with some filter oil/dirt build up on it.

Man, these radiators don't look 14 years old.. Anymore!Wink

Here are the engine shots. Pretty average to start with. Didn't have to deal with any oil/grime build up, which is a good thing for me! Took about 4hrs total.

Shock linkage went through some excess casting flash removal and detailing.

Same thing for the kick starter and brake pedal. Removing that excess casting flash allows you to really get a good looking finish, especially when they're prepped and polished right!

Like this, Bling!

Every single spoke, and nipple got refurbished (wow this part took forever it seemed like. So much excitement.. Not)

Rims, hubs, shock spring, and engine covers all got powder coated. This will really top it off with that extra touch, plus that old yellow spring had to go! Again, shoutout to Craftmasters Powder Coating in Waco, Tx for the quality work.

Rotors, sprocket, and new tires mounted!

Little Pro Circuit R304 was a little dull looking, gave her a nice refurbish.

Rear brake caliper/hanger was a little grungy. Now she's looking fresh.

Updated the front end to 2009 Crf450 triple trees with 48mm Pro Circuit spring forks I've had laying around.

Going back together!

Done deal!

Let me know what you guys think! I will try to post more stuff like this with the future builds/projects. Also if the business logo on the pics bother you I am sorry. I do it to prevent people from jacking my pics, which has happened in past. Thanks

|
wsc96
Fantasy
196th
1/23/2017 12:40pm
Looks great. Where did you get the black radiator louvres from?
Braaaphole
1/23/2017 3:04pm
Looks great. I saw that bike for sale and thought long and hard about it.

What did you use on the engine and the silencer?

The Shop

macz400
1/24/2017 6:47am
How does that TX plastic kit hold up? Thought about ordering it a while back. Could you take a few close ups of the brackets or what they done to mount it?
1/24/2017 10:40am
macz400 wrote:
How does that TX plastic kit hold up? Thought about ordering it a while back. Could you take a few close ups of the brackets or...
How does that TX plastic kit hold up? Thought about ordering it a while back. Could you take a few close ups of the brackets or what they done to mount it?
Thanks for the compliments guys! The TX Race kit fits pretty solid. I haven't got a chance to ride it yet. Here are some pics of the brackets. They're made out of stainless by the way, that's a plus! The main bracket is the rear fender, seat, and side panel bracket. The rest is just small brackets.

macz400
1/24/2017 3:50pm
Thanks for the pics. Kit looks good. So if you were to buy plastics for the bike, could you buy regular 13-16 CRF450 plastics? I know the seat is a one off piece, but what about the tank area?
1/24/2017 4:54pm
macz400 wrote:
Thanks for the pics. Kit looks good. So if you were to buy plastics for the bike, could you buy regular 13-16 CRF450 plastics? I know...
Thanks for the pics. Kit looks good. So if you were to buy plastics for the bike, could you buy regular 13-16 CRF450 plastics? I know the seat is a one off piece, but what about the tank area?
You're Welcome! The 13-16 plastics should work after trimming here and there. TX Race uses Polisport oem replacement style plastics and they cut some out on the rear fender. Heck, they don't even give you a front # plate bracket, just relying on the crossbar strap and 2 pins through the bottom of the fender. Shrouds will bolt right up with a small hole drilled for the rear bolt in the tank. Side number panels will work as well. Hope that helps.

Post a reply to: 2003 Cr125 Build

The Latest