95 CR125 Resto Questions

Currently doing a restoration/ clean up of my 1995 CR125.

Anyone have photos that show the correct routing of the clutch cable, kill switch cable, and carb hoses?

Im switching from the purple 1995 theme to the black/red 1996 theme. I am looking for polisport brand fork guards and disc cover if anyone knows of a link. I am looking for flo red not white like the 97's got.

Going to rock the white airbox until I can find a clean black one. They don't pop up on eBay very often in decent condition.

Also, is my front brake junk or did these bikes really stop pretty poor vs a modern CRF? Not sure if I should get a setup off a CRF or rebuild the stock 95 master/caliper. Any input would be appreciated.

As it sits currently:

|
JWACK
1/28/2017 10:41am
Nice detail on your bolts. Drives me nuts "pun intended" when people don't put the effort into the fine details on some would be great builds. I would look into an oem service Manual for the cable and hose routing.
1/28/2017 10:53am
JWACK wrote:
Nice detail on your bolts. Drives me nuts "pun intended" when people don't put the effort into the fine details on some would be great builds...
Nice detail on your bolts. Drives me nuts "pun intended" when people don't put the effort into the fine details on some would be great builds. I would look into an oem service Manual for the cable and hose routing.
Thanks, and drives me nuts too!

Everything OEM that was saved if possible otherwise replaced. Thankfully many of the OEM parts are still available.
Graphics from EVO should be here any day, then it will really look good.
1/28/2017 11:32am
Nice looking! What pegs are they?

Regarding the front brake, I'm not sure, but a modern crf master cylinder would be a upgrade I think. I actually bought my 01 a new OEM crf master cylinder for like 130$ off partzilla.

Don't know about your racing rules, but here we cannot use new style master cylinders.. (if you're racing it)
1/28/2017 12:00pm
Nice looking! What pegs are they? Regarding the front brake, I'm not sure, but a modern crf master cylinder would be a upgrade I think. I...
Nice looking! What pegs are they?

Regarding the front brake, I'm not sure, but a modern crf master cylinder would be a upgrade I think. I actually bought my 01 a new OEM crf master cylinder for like 130$ off partzilla.

Don't know about your racing rules, but here we cannot use new style master cylinders.. (if you're racing it)
Stock pegs I found on eBay in pretty good condition.

If I race it, it will likely be in a 25+ class called Vet Sport or in Open C. No chance of winning but I wanted one of these when I was a kid and couldn't have one. Finally got it, just 22 years late. lol

The Shop

1/28/2017 6:59pm
I recommend joining this facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/628913867217054/

There was a member asking about wiring not to long ago.

If you cant find it, I took some pictures of my bike before I took the frame to the powder coater so I could send them to you (no guarantee it was correct when I took it apart but).
1/29/2017 2:46pm
I have that book for this let me look it up and I'll post you some pictures
1/29/2017 3:13pm
If you would like to sell any of you spare parts let me know or if you need anymore pics from that book let me know
wsc96
Fantasy
193rd
1/29/2017 5:30pm
If you would like to sell any of you spare parts let me know or if you need anymore pics from that book let me know
Nicely done.
1/29/2017 6:16pm
Wow thank you!!!

Only thing that's semi decent is the OEM plastic if your interested.

1/29/2017 8:43pm
I sent you a pm I guess my cell is 270-978-2859 if you want to send some pics of that plastic I'm very interested! Thanks bud your bike is coming along nicely!!
1/30/2017 4:53am
I sent you a pm I guess my cell is 270-978-2859 if you want to send some pics of that plastic I'm very interested! Thanks bud...
I sent you a pm I guess my cell is 270-978-2859 if you want to send some pics of that plastic I'm very interested! Thanks bud your bike is coming along nicely!!
PM are goofy on vital. I'll send you a pic of what I have when I get home tonight. This is the bike before the resto.

1/31/2017 1:29pm
Thanks. If I look forward to getting them, in need of a good used set.
mx836
1/31/2017 5:29pm
Looking good so far! I had a '95 80. Loved the looks of the Honda that year. Really brings back some memories. New bikes seemed so much cooler back then. The manufacturers weren't afraid to mix up the stock look. 75% of people are going to change it regardless.
c0ncEpT
2/1/2017 6:23am
Stock pegs I found on eBay in pretty good condition. If I race it, it will likely be in a 25+ class called Vet Sport or...

If I race it, it will likely be in a 25+ class called Vet Sport or in Open C. No chance of winning but I wanted one of these when I was a kid and couldn't have one. Finally got it, just 22 years late. lol
Spoken like a true sand bagger! This 125 will win a moto in 2017 mark my words! Tongue

Nate, I'll bring over my 2016 for you to resto when your done with this one.
2/1/2017 9:37am
Stock pegs I found on eBay in pretty good condition. If I race it, it will likely be in a 25+ class called Vet Sport or...

c0ncEpT wrote:
Spoken like a true sand bagger! This 125 will win a moto in 2017 mark my words! :P Nate, I'll bring over my 2016 for you...
Spoken like a true sand bagger! This 125 will win a moto in 2017 mark my words! Tongue

Nate, I'll bring over my 2016 for you to resto when your done with this one.
Bring over a bucket full of money because this thing is costing me a fortune. Never realized how much "doing it right" was going to really cost.

Ya, if I can find a big open smooth track I think I will be up there.
2/3/2017 8:54am
EvoMX coming through with graphics. They look perfect! I don't remember the seat cover being as bright back then but I'm sure they have it correct. Everything looks really nice, if your looking for stock graphics check them out as they probably have what your looking for.

wsc96
Fantasy
193rd
2/4/2017 2:49pm
Seat colour looks pretty close Smile
2/12/2017 6:04am
Waiting on the cylinder to come back from Millennium. I got lots of little things done in the last few days. Its amazing how many things take forever that seem like it would be a 3 minute process. This bike is no where near the level of most of the builds on Vital, hats off to you guys that do those crazy crazy builds. Still missing a few little pieces.

Devil's in the details

FMF Fatty, FMF Turbine Core 2 test fit

2/13/2017 6:57am
sandman768 wrote:
Looking good! I like the stock look...
Thanks!!! I wanted it to be as close as possible to what I could have had back in the day if I was just a little bit older.
sandman768
2/14/2017 2:07pm
I have been searching for a 93-97 cr 125 for a little while, I passed up a pretty clean looking one last fall, in one of my " I don't need another bike" moods.... Thankfully that weakness have left & I"m back on the search...I had a 93 back in 94 & it was one of the best bikes I ever owned...
3/1/2017 4:41pm
Got my cylinder back from millennium and I need a little help with the power valve.

How do I know if I have everything setup correctly?

3/1/2017 4:57pm
Can't help with the powervalve, but looks awesome otherwise.

Post a reply to: 95 CR125 Resto Questions

The Latest