Congratulations on shortening the motos.

McG194
9/1/2022 9:55pm
McG194 wrote:
You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty. * Anytime an organization makes a decision it needs...
You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty. *

Anytime an organization makes a decision it needs to look at the big picture and all possible eventualities.

God forbid if someone heatstrokes out or has a major issue that rider's family now has solid grounds for a lawsuit. They have all but admitted that conditions make it unsafe to race and by shortening the motos they have given any ambulance chasing lawyer in the country everything they need.

* Note: I do not agree with suing over this, but I do know scumbag lawyers exist and I would not want them coming after my organization. If you think I'm being a bit too much on this go ask for a super hot coffee at McDonalds.
soggy wrote:
Sound reasoning and logic are not your strong suit eh? No one is forcing these guys to race. If a rider thinks it’s un safe no...
Sound reasoning and logic are not your strong suit eh?

No one is forcing these guys to race. If a rider thinks it’s un safe no one is forcing them to race.

Good luck coming up with your next idiotic topic.
You know you don't have to read what I say right? No idea why people have to get so butthurt about someone thinking something they may not agree with.

When I heard it was official I scoffed and said, "Yeah watch some idiot sue." I posted a thought that came to me. If you look at my post I called any lawyer who would sue a scumbag. Reasoning and logic has nothing to do with bringing a suit.

In case you lack fundamental reading comprehension I do NOT support suing a promoter or anyone that has anything to do with holding the race. I also don't support 84 genders but here we are.
Ranman68
9/1/2022 10:38pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2022 10:47pm
The reasoning behind this (wether you agree on the decision or not) is for rider safety and less chance of something bad happening. The tracks involved in these events are chalked plum full of jumps, ruts, mud, and dirt clods being hurled like a mf from the back tires of very peppy 450s void of brake lights or turn signals. These things combined with absolutely no speed limits anywhere on the track, has created a less than safe situation for quite some time. You can swing a dead cat without hitting someone, but you can't swing a dead cat and hit someone who's raced motocross that didn't get carted off of a track, totally jacked up at some point. I doubt that shortening the amount of time for this to happen, will increase potential for lawsuits.
If they add jumps right out of corners that are followed
by a lengthy section of 5 ft deep water with crocodiles that you can still clear from the inside line as long as you don't fuk up, then the potential for litigation would probably be higher.

The Shop

zippytech
9/2/2022 5:57am
I doubt the Superbowl will change from four to three quarters.
Hell, they run for 7 yards and goto the side line for oxygen
soggy
Fantasy
4355th
9/2/2022 6:08am
McG194 wrote:
You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty. * Anytime an organization makes a decision it needs...
You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty. *

Anytime an organization makes a decision it needs to look at the big picture and all possible eventualities.

God forbid if someone heatstrokes out or has a major issue that rider's family now has solid grounds for a lawsuit. They have all but admitted that conditions make it unsafe to race and by shortening the motos they have given any ambulance chasing lawyer in the country everything they need.

* Note: I do not agree with suing over this, but I do know scumbag lawyers exist and I would not want them coming after my organization. If you think I'm being a bit too much on this go ask for a super hot coffee at McDonalds.
soggy wrote:
Sound reasoning and logic are not your strong suit eh? No one is forcing these guys to race. If a rider thinks it’s un safe no...

No one is forcing these guys to race. If a rider thinks it’s un safe no one is forcing them to race.

McG194 wrote:
You know you don't have to read what I say right? No idea why people have to get so butthurt about someone thinking something they may...
You know you don't have to read what I say right? No idea why people have to get so butthurt about someone thinking something they may not agree with.

When I heard it was official I scoffed and said, "Yeah watch some idiot sue." I posted a thought that came to me. If you look at my post I called any lawyer who would sue a scumbag. Reasoning and logic has nothing to do with bringing a suit.

In case you lack fundamental reading comprehension I do NOT support suing a promoter or anyone that has anything to do with holding the race. I also don't support 84 genders but here we are.
You can literally sue for anything doesn’t mean you’d win.

Your whole post was shortening the motos increases there liability which just isn’t true.

You know you don’t have to get all defensive when someone disagrees with you right?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
388th
9/2/2022 6:12am
Acknowledging the potential threat of extreme heat and taking steps to mitigate the risk would help MX Sports in your fictitious lawsuit, not the Plaintiff

McG194
9/2/2022 6:52am
GrapeApe wrote:
Acknowledging the potential threat of extreme heat and taking steps to mitigate the risk would help MX Sports in your fictitious lawsuit, not the Plaintiff

The whole point of my post is that a scumbag attorney can say "By shortening the motos you admitted there was a problem, you just didn't do ENOUGH to protect the competitors." In the case of racing versus other sports there is one more interesting twist. Because the competitors pay you to race they are technically your customers as well as the show.
McG194
9/2/2022 7:00am
soggy wrote:

McG194 wrote:
You know you don't have to read what I say right? No idea why people have to get so butthurt about someone thinking something they may...

soggy wrote:
You can literally sue for anything doesn’t mean you’d win. Your whole post was shortening the motos increases there liability which just isn’t true. You know...

Your whole post was shortening the motos increases there liability which just isn’t true.

You know you don’t have to get all defensive when someone disagrees with you right?
Can you tell me anywhere in this entire thread where I suggested that they would win?

As far as me getting defensive, that is not the case. Not mad, not defensive I'm just engaging in debate. I sometimes don't think I explain my thoughts properly because I think people get the impression that I support something I suggest could happen or that they will win a suit.

We have an entire thread of tough guys calling the racers a bunch of sissies (which I haven't done) and all I did was look at the subject from a different perspective.
disbanded
Fantasy
1460th
9/2/2022 7:09am
GrapeApe wrote:

McG194 wrote:
The whole point of my post is that a scumbag attorney can say [i]"By shortening the motos you admitted there was a problem, you just didn't...
The whole point of my post is that a scumbag attorney can say "By shortening the motos you admitted there was a problem, you just didn't do ENOUGH to protect the competitors." In the case of racing versus other sports there is one more interesting twist. Because the competitors pay you to race they are technically your customers as well as the show.
There is something mentally wrong with you
soggy
Fantasy
4355th
9/2/2022 7:12am
McG194 wrote:

soggy wrote:
You can literally sue for anything doesn’t mean you’d win. Your whole post was shortening the motos increases there liability which just isn’t true. You know...

McG194 wrote:
Can you tell me anywhere in this entire thread where I suggested that they would win? As far as me getting defensive, that is not the...
Can you tell me anywhere in this entire thread where I suggested that they would win?

As far as me getting defensive, that is not the case. Not mad, not defensive I'm just engaging in debate. I sometimes don't think I explain my thoughts properly because I think people get the impression that I support something I suggest could happen or that they will win a suit.

We have an entire thread of tough guys calling the racers a bunch of sissies (which I haven't done) and all I did was look at the subject from a different perspective.
If your point is someone could try to sue they don’t need to shorten the motos for that. You need to take a break from the Internet. Maybe go camping or something for a week cause your brain is fried.
Crossup
9/2/2022 7:26am
McG194 wrote:

soggy wrote:

McG194 wrote:

But, why wouldn't a rider have sued already? There have been many races in high heat and humidity. Now you're assuming someone's going to sue because the promoter makes the conditions safer?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
388th
9/2/2022 7:53am
GrapeApe wrote:

McG194 wrote:
The whole point of my post is that a scumbag attorney can say [i]"By shortening the motos you admitted there was a problem, you just didn't...
"You've just opened yourself up to a huge lawsuit and for all intents and purposes pled guilty"

-They didn’t open themself up to any liability that wasn’t already there
-Taking steps to mitigate risk is not an admission of guilt

" . . . that rider's family now has solid grounds for a lawsuit"

-They have no new grounds that weren’t previously available

"They have all but admitted that conditions make it unsafe to race"

-No, they haven’t. It is not unsafe per se, but everyone from spectators to competitors to promoters need to take reasonable precautions in the heat.

"they have given any ambulance chasing lawyer in the country everything they need"

-No, they haven't. They’ll need a lot more than preemptive mitigation measures to establish liability.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4514th
9/2/2022 8:27am
McG194 wrote:
Can you tell me anywhere in this entire thread where I suggested that they would win? As far as me getting defensive, that is not the...

Ya know, we can all tip our hats to ML for letting us pretty much talk about whatever on here now without being clipped. But, I think I speak for everyone when I say I wish GuyB was here to clip your ass. You’ve got to be the most annoying person on this forum.

Post a reply to: Congratulations on shortening the motos.

The Latest