Stolen from TWOTWO at High Point

huck
6/11/2013 5:57am
Did the table cloth match the curtains?

Seriously though, having stuff stolen sucks! Big time, whether it's $5,000 or $50 worth of stuff. You know what else sucks...having somebody come on here and accuse a whole message board full of members.

Good luck finding these.....
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
2090th
6/11/2013 5:57am
GuyB wrote:
It's obviously time to start thinning the herd again.
LIKE (thumbs up)
GuyB
Fantasy
1672nd
6/11/2013 6:10am
GuyB wrote:
Mr. Ted wrote:
Your work is never done, apparently.
It's called job security. Smile
Bcudaa
6/11/2013 6:12am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2013 6:13am
My understanding is that Chad refuses to break into the to 10 until they're returned....I'm with the minority on this one, I was sure it was going to be a one off Ti foot peg or better yet Chad's MOJO.

The Shop

Mxdnusa
6/11/2013 6:47am
Thieves suck. I read ozzys post and decided to get proactive.

I hit the streets and got some solid leads. I believe the culprit to be the local strip joint owner.
I have been on a 24 hour bender, I mean surveillance. i have some solid strippers,um informants on the payroll.
It's probably going to be a long,drawn out sting operation but I will keep you posted.
bkent136
6/11/2013 7:04am
This honestly sounds like a joke to me. You think other teams don't get stolen from all the time? Pretty sure they do. It would be appropriate to post about this if it was a tool, or a bike part, but a tablecloth? I mean really? Obviously it isn't good to steal and it's going to be a hassle to get a new one, but no one is going to admit they stole your damn tablecloth. You ate actually making the team sound stupid by posting this. You are more worried about a tablecloth than helping Reed improve the bike for the races...
seth505
Fantasy
1722nd
6/11/2013 7:46am
Lamecake wrote:
I heard James is now wearing it as a cape.
lol
4stroke4DWIN
6/11/2013 8:55am
I showed up late to the party but you fucking guys are something else. The same people riding this Kent fella like Sea Biscuit are the same people foaming at the mouth for an ILLEGAL feed from the SX season or downloading music illegally from the internet. Dont tell me knowbody in this thread hasn't done it........that makes you a thief also? Who cares about some 2 bit table cloths BFD...........Double standard around here is retarded.
dkg
6/11/2013 9:01am
GuyB wrote:
Mr. Ted wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Laugh, is there anyway to make a post read-only (i.e. nothing other than the opening post). This thread needed it.
Flip109
6/11/2013 9:05am
Thats the Sweetest tablecloth I've ever seen!

Lmao at Js wearing it as a cape. Prolly a new Rick James music vid coming soon wearing it
mjskier
6/11/2013 9:43am
GuyB wrote:
Mr. Ted wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Just like the war on terrorism. No matter how many you kill, there are more coming.
kawasa84
6/11/2013 10:11am
GuyB wrote:
Please, GuyB, I don't comment alot, but I sit here and read this stuff at work and burst out with some of my best laughs of the week.
Its the best excersise my abs get.!
Peoples comments can be idiotic, but for some of us, its our only release.
Thanks.
kawasa84
6/11/2013 10:13am
Flip109 wrote:
Thats the Sweetest tablecloth I've ever seen!

Lmao at Js wearing it as a cape. Prolly a new Rick James music vid coming soon wearing it
Thats f*cking hilarious!!!!
kawasa84
6/11/2013 10:18am
What if those who stole are actually huge Reed fans.
What if they take said tablecloth to the next National, and toss it one the the two/two Ryans, who may be leading the race, and they have to pull over and remove the damn thing, thereby handing the lead and the eventual win over to Reed.
These guys would be the hero's over at Two/Two motorsports!!
Lamecake
6/11/2013 10:19am
We need someone to photoshop us that JS+cape rickjames "proof" :D
Radical
Fantasy
2382nd
6/11/2013 10:23am
JB 19 wrote:
I've watched this thread melt down like a 2 stroke bottom end on straight gas..........soooo, I'll throw a different angle at you. I'm not going to...
I've watched this thread melt down like a 2 stroke bottom end on straight gas..........soooo, I'll throw a different angle at you. I'm not going to debate the stealing part, but I would imagine there is a good chance that whoever took the table cloths (I still feel like this thread was a setup to punk all of us) looked at them in the same light that people viewed track banners many years ago.

There are a lot of old timers around who have old Camel Pro or whatever banners in their garage because at many old races it was normal to take the banners after the race. Obviously we know it can get you arrested now.

I'm beting that whoever took the table cloths thought it was a fairly harmless act. They may have even figured it was something that gets thrown away and replaced every race by the team.

This doesn't make it ok......and ignorance to laws and rules won't get you far in court, but if the guy or guys were really up to no good they would have taken something of big value. I'm sure there were a few thousand dollars worth of tools or parts just feet away from this table.
Thank you.
GuyB
Fantasy
1672nd
6/11/2013 10:33am
Mr. Ted wrote:
GuyB wrote:
mjskier wrote:
Just like the war on terrorism. No matter how many you kill, there are more coming.
Yes. But I have an endless supply of ammo, and an itchy trigger finger. Smile
pamoto
6/11/2013 10:40am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2013 10:53am
From what I read and maybe I missed it, Ozzy showed up Sat. morning and the Tablecloths were missing. Are "fans" allowed in the pits on Friday. If not, then it wasn't "fans" that stole the stuff. Fans weren't allowed in the pits until 9am Sat. Stolen is stolen but if fans weren't allowed in it was someone associated with a rider, press, security etc. If that's the case I think it's even worse because it's more of an "inside job". My thoughts anyhow.
Suns_PSD
6/11/2013 10:41am
Sometimes you got to take your losses and move on.

I'm sure the OP's time spent tracking down this tablecloth is worth more than the tablecloth itself.

I'm not excusing theft in any way, just applying some common sense.

Just skimming this thread some of these guys are borderline mob mentality. It's something else.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
3010th
6/11/2013 10:58am
GuyB wrote:
Mr. Ted wrote:
GuyB wrote:
C'mon guyB vitards just having a little fun. On another note someone needs to photoshop the bobbym pic and add the 22 tableclothWoohoo
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
3010th
6/11/2013 11:01am
The photoshop job was done by ezza.
stillwelding
6/11/2013 11:12am
Dave'O really created himself a true to life "Tar Baby" here.

Although I have enjoyed the comments on here, especially the "Does the carpet match the drapes?" analogy (Dave'O loves analogies after all).

Anyway, I think that most involved here don't realize the amount of work involved on the road, and how little time there is off. Dave came home from that road trip thinking he was gonna get three days to go to Mammoth Mountain and relax, do a little mountain biking (on his 7 year old bike, he's the manager, not the rider), do a little trout fishing, hot tub a little, and a nice dinner or two with the old lady. Instead, he get's to run around L.A. in the hot weather, get a new table cloth made (where do you get BLACK table cloths the size of a fold up Lifetime table?) and then take it to large format printer to be logo'ed. All done just in time to make it to the next race. These aren't the type of jobs you hand off to anybody else on the team, it's the Team Managers responsibility.

So, I personally understand how Dave might of been misunderstood in his open request for the tablecloths return. By the way, that trip to Mammoth Mountain has been cancelled. Maybe next year.
lostboy819
Fantasy
493rd
6/11/2013 11:28am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2013 1:31pm
jd418 wrote:
Why is anyone even putting a dollar amount or comparing your own un-returned stolen goods to their loss? He clearly stated it's not so much about...
Why is anyone even putting a dollar amount or comparing your own un-returned stolen goods to their loss? He clearly stated it's not so much about the monetary loss for the team, but more-so the loss to the sponsors. I would imagine these custom-made table cloths (advertisement space) aren't made overnight, and, unless the originals are returned, will likely result in the loss of some of their sponsors advertisement area that they paid the team for. I'm sure the sponsors are greatful that Ozzy has at least been making an attempt to get that advertising space back for them for this up-coming weekend.

But somehow you all see that as a rich guy whining about losing a table cloth, and likely ran off the only well-respected team manager posting on the site.

Stay classy Vital.
lostboy819 wrote:
And again I will ask, Why should DC "the powers that be" be billed for two twos table cloths. I didnt send a bill to the...
And again I will ask, Why should DC "the powers that be" be billed for two twos table cloths. I didnt send a bill to the city for my loss.
mmitoptech wrote:
Because "the powers that be" are responsible for security. I won't speak for Davey, the guy has plenty of other problems to deal with and this...
Because "the powers that be" are responsible for security. I won't speak for Davey, the guy has plenty of other problems to deal with and this will be another "issue" to deal with.
If you don't understand that a team manager came on here and asked for a return of "stolen" items and then said that if items were not returned, he would bill the people responsible, I don't understand what reality you are living in.
So if someone steals your wallet at a national are you going to send the bill to DC ? How about if they break into your car? So how many security guards should they have in the pits at night ? one for every rig ? Its people like you who blame every one except the thief's. I know its not their fault either, they had a tough childhood .Sad
Husqerdo
6/11/2013 11:42am
I showed up late to the party but you fucking guys are something else. The same people riding this Kent fella like Sea Biscuit are the...
I showed up late to the party but you fucking guys are something else. The same people riding this Kent fella like Sea Biscuit are the same people foaming at the mouth for an ILLEGAL feed from the SX season or downloading music illegally from the internet. Dont tell me knowbody in this thread hasn't done it........that makes you a thief also? Who cares about some 2 bit table cloths BFD...........Double standard around here is retarded.
x100
KennyT
Fantasy
153rd
6/11/2013 11:44am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2013 11:47am
Chad comes in from busting out a brutal 35 min moto.
Before he can get his helmet off Ozzy breaks the news.

"Chad...we have a problem. The tablecloths, they are gone!"

Chad replies...."before you do anything get over to Vital MX and find out who has them...fucking vitards!"
huck
6/11/2013 11:47am
KennyT wrote:
Chad comes in from busting out a brutal 35 min moto. Before he can get his helmet off Ozzy breaks the news. "Chad...we have a problem...
Chad comes in from busting out a brutal 35 min moto.
Before he can get his helmet off Ozzy breaks the news.

"Chad...we have a problem. The tablecloths, they are gone!"

Chad replies...."before you do anything get over to Vital MX and find out who has them...fucking vitards!"
Chad should have replied..."you dolt, it's they're, not there....."
Panic_Rev
6/11/2013 11:54am
I bet Chad's sponsor's would rather see their logo on the podium than a table cloth.
lostboy819
Fantasy
493rd
6/11/2013 11:57am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2013 11:58am
Panic_Rev wrote:
I bet Chad's sponsor's would rather see their logo on the podium than a table cloth.
lol BURN!!!! Woohoo and I thought I was a mean bastard.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
388th
6/11/2013 12:07pm
lostboy819, you have like 26 posts in this thread and more in the "Dear Ozzy" thread. Are you somehow personally vested in this matter? Did Ozzy steal your birthday or something? I'll admit I was briefly amused and giggled at the dramatic buildup preceding the reveal of the stolen item, but geez man . . .

Post a reply to: Stolen from TWOTWO at High Point

The Latest