Has the YZ250 Pro Circuit pipe changed shape

chump6784
As the topic says, has the yz250 pro circuit pipe changed shape? I am looking at a pipe for my yz but read conflicting reviews on the pipe.

Going back to 2006 there is a thread on thumpertalk where one of the members dyno'd a heap of different pipes and found the pc pipe boosted bottom end and smoothed out the powerband.

In 2010 dirt rider did a test of the pipes and said the same thing about the pc, picked up the bottom and smoothed the power out.

In 2011 yamaha changed the shape of the head a little for the US market and it seems any reviews of the pipe on bikes later than 2011 say that the pc is only a mid and up pipe. MXA did a review on all the pipes in 2013 and noted it was a pipe for pro's. Also there are threads on vital where posters have said that they found the pc to be a top end pipe. I have also talked to guys at the track who said the same thing

Could it be that the changes to the head are the reason for the different characteristics or has the shape been changed?

I have always liked pc pipes but not really looking for a pipe that is mid and up
|
HackMan162
10/12/2016 11:26am
Put a DEP pipe on it with a PC silencer (not the shorty). Live happily ever after.
PDiddy241
10/12/2016 1:37pm
HackMan162 wrote:
Put a DEP pipe on it with a PC silencer (not the shorty). Live happily ever after.
Yep. I had a PC and Shorty PC and then switched to DEP and long PC silencer. Wider powerband and better overrev.
10/12/2016 3:29pm
My bike (513) is a 2011. It has a 06 head on it. The other bike is a 06. Both have vforce 3 reeds, running the same premix, and same jetting. My bike has a FMF factory fatty & titanium 2 silencer. The other has a pro circuit platinum with a r304 silencer. The bike with the PC pipe was top end only power. Coming out of corners it was lazy on the bottom and the midrange felt like the stock pipe but really picked up once in the meat of the power. Top end power was great. The FMF was a good all around pipe. Not as much low end as the stock pipe but heailther mid and a little weaker on top compaired to the PC. I prefer the FMF myself. Both are great just depends on your riding style IMO

chump6784
10/12/2016 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2016 5:12am
Yeah I was thinking the fmf might be good, love the look of the factory fatty. What was the durability like on the dep pipe? Did it dint more or less than the pc?

Post a reply to: Has the YZ250 Pro Circuit pipe changed shape

The Latest