2024 F1 World Championship

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3767th
4/6/2024 1:07pm
lostboy819 wrote:
This is a make or brake race for Ricciardo, he has been out qualified and out raced by Yuki and Lawson did the same to Yuki...

This is a make or brake race for Ricciardo, he has been out qualified and out raced by Yuki and Lawson did the same to Yuki which makes Ricciardo the odd man out and slowest of the three and now redbull ready to sack him. No way he even gets a chance at Perez's seat if Redbull does not re-sign Perez which I doubt they do. 

Sainz could be heading to Red Bull. 

I can't remember who said it, but they said Ferrari made the wrong decision by hiring Hamilton and sacking Sainz. 

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3767th
4/6/2024 1:08pm
As much as we all like the guy, I think F1 has passed him by.   Be cool to see him get involved in endurance racing. ...

As much as we all like the guy, I think F1 has passed him by.

Be cool to see him get involved in endurance racing. 

Vettel is entering the game.

And as much of a fan as I was of him in F1, his career fizzled out with a whimper, and hopefully he won't seriously try to make a comeback into the series.

Even Schumacher couldn't return to his former glory.

Vettel has already had a number of conversations with Toto Wolff. He's not ruling out a comeback. 

Nighttrain
4/6/2024 1:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Vettel has already had a number of conversations with Toto Wolff. He's not ruling out a comeback. 

That’s crazy talk.  I’d rather see Ice Man Raikkonen back in F1.  Dude rode MX on his home track in the off-season. 

lostboy819
Fantasy
1212th
4/6/2024 1:45pm
lostboy819 wrote:
This is a make or brake race for Ricciardo, he has been out qualified and out raced by Yuki and Lawson did the same to Yuki...

This is a make or brake race for Ricciardo, he has been out qualified and out raced by Yuki and Lawson did the same to Yuki which makes Ricciardo the odd man out and slowest of the three and now redbull ready to sack him. No way he even gets a chance at Perez's seat if Redbull does not re-sign Perez which I doubt they do. 

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Sainz could be heading to Red Bull.  I can't remember who said it, but they said Ferrari made the wrong decision by hiring Hamilton and sacking...

I can't remember who said it, but they said Ferrari made the wrong decision by hiring Hamilton and sacking Sainz. 

I think its going to be just like when Vettel went to Ferrari for Hamilton. Blush

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3767th
4/6/2024 2:10pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I think its going to be just like when Vettel went to Ferrari for Hamilton. 

I think its going to be just like when Vettel went to Ferrari for Hamilton. Blush

IMO, I don't see him being better than Sainz.

Zycki11
4/6/2024 3:13pm

Vettel trying to come back is hilarious. Just not good enough imo. As for Danny Boy, he has a few more rounds but he needs to beat Yuki tomorrow without the help of the team. Just a better performance drive. Will the racing gods give me Alonso and Max at Red Bull? Probably not haha 

Joey Bridges
4/7/2024 5:53am

A dry Suzuka always delivers. 

Not a bad race with the different, and changing, tyre strategies. 

Great chess match for 6th-8th at the end.

And...

Another race where Sainz making Ferrari question their decision in replacing him with princess hamilton.

Joey Bridges
4/7/2024 5:59am

And, Ricciardo may have put his career into the wall on lap one.

Sucks.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1212th
4/7/2024 8:42am

And, Ricciardo may have put his career into the wall on lap one.

Sucks.

Yep and Yuki scoring points again doesn't help Ricciardo's situation. Cool but he has had more chances than most because he was a proven race winner but has never delivered after leavening Redbull.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1212th
4/7/2024 8:47am

Sad thing about Sainz is that he has been the odd man out at couple teams. He may not be the number one driver on a team but he has always matched up and held his ground against his team mate. Would like to see him land at Redbull, Mercedes or Aston Martin.  

Twigster
4/7/2024 10:18am
lostboy819 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Sainz could be heading to Red Bull.  I can't remember who said it, but they said Ferrari made the wrong decision by hiring Hamilton and sacking...

Sainz at Red Bull would be a threat to Max, which is why I think it’s more likely he ends up going to either Aston Martin or trying to get ahead of Audi’s entry. It’s enjoyable him giving Ferrari the bird by being so good though.

Too early to be writing Hamilton off though, the car is a dog and (rightly) Merc are now building around Russell. Not much point doing too much judging over this year in that environment. 

Twigster
4/7/2024 10:21am
Zycki11 wrote:
Vettel trying to come back is hilarious. Just not good enough imo. As for Danny Boy, he has a few more rounds but he needs to...

Vettel trying to come back is hilarious. Just not good enough imo. As for Danny Boy, he has a few more rounds but he needs to beat Yuki tomorrow without the help of the team. Just a better performance drive. Will the racing gods give me Alonso and Max at Red Bull? Probably not haha 

Alonso’s problem is Alonso. Out of the car he has always caused issues that teams just don’t want to deal with, irrespective of his ability in the car. I can’t see Red Bull wanting to have any part in that, not with the risk it would piss off the Verstappen camp. 

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3767th
4/7/2024 10:54am
Zycki11 wrote:
Vettel trying to come back is hilarious. Just not good enough imo. As for Danny Boy, he has a few more rounds but he needs to...

Vettel coming back makes more sense than Ricciardo. 

As for him not being good enough, he's got 4 World Championships to his name. ​​​

Joey Bridges
4/7/2024 11:53am
lostboy819 wrote:
Sad thing about Sainz is that he has been the odd man out at couple teams. He may not be the number one driver on a...

Sad thing about Sainz is that he has been the odd man out at couple teams. He may not be the number one driver on a team but he has always matched up and held his ground against his team mate. Would like to see him land at Redbull, Mercedes or Aston Martin.  

With the numerous rumors about stroll being gone at the end of the year, the Aston Martin seat sounds like the probable landing spot.

He'd definitely not have a problem getting his elbows out dealing with Alonso. 

Not sure about Perez's contract, but they seem to be loyal to him.

And with him knowing Sainz is out there lurking, I bet we see a better overall season's performance than in the past.

I seriously doubt that Mercedes is where he would want to go.

Zycki11
4/7/2024 1:18pm
Zycki11 wrote:

Twigster wrote:
Alonso’s problem is Alonso. Out of the car he has always caused issues that teams just don’t want to deal with, irrespective of his ability in...

Alonso’s problem is Alonso. Out of the car he has always caused issues that teams just don’t want to deal with, irrespective of his ability in the car. I can’t see Red Bull wanting to have any part in that, not with the risk it would piss off the Verstappen camp. 

In the past yes, but they would gain a phenomenal driver who knows how to help setup a car. Like I said, won’t happen but would be amazing. 

Zycki11
4/7/2024 6:57pm

Merc left scratching their heads and now Ferrari giving a second think about Lewis I bet. Oh Daniel son how bad it is getting. 

Twigster
4/8/2024 3:27am
Zycki11 wrote:

Merc left scratching their heads and now Ferrari giving a second think about Lewis I bet. Oh Daniel son how bad it is getting. 

Ferrari aren't questioning their move for Hamilton, not right now. The Merc this year is an absolute dog, and it's suiting Russell more at the minute but writing off next year where it's going to be completely different ballgame is premature putting it mildly. Sainz is driving for his life and future in F1 at the minute, it's to be expected he is possibly more motivated... 

Joey Bridges
4/8/2024 5:01am

We see that in all forms of racing. 

A racer in a contract year, looking for a new ride, etc...

Suddenly rides/drives like there's no tomorrow. 

(Or like they're expected to weekend after weekend, by their teams, and fans)

Joey Bridges
4/8/2024 5:04am

And with new aero regs coming soon, Benz may be right back in the catbird's seat.

If nothing more than their history of in house, reliable engines.

Something redbull may not be so fortunate to have.

Twigster
4/8/2024 7:05am
And with new aero regs coming soon, Benz may be right back in the catbird's seat. If nothing more than their history of in house, reliable...

And with new aero regs coming soon, Benz may be right back in the catbird's seat.

I'm not sure what the engine situation is and how much development there will be considering the new format, will need to look into that a bit more. I think part of the reason Hamilton has gone to Ferrari though is the recruitment they've been doing from Merc and Red Bull alike prior to 2026. I wouldn't be surprised at all if when he leaves there's a few that go with him, Bono being one of the most likely. 

Zycki11
4/8/2024 7:33am
Zycki11 wrote:

Twigster wrote:
Ferrari aren't questioning their move for Hamilton, not right now. The Merc this year is an absolute dog, and it's suiting Russell more at the minute...

Ferrari aren't questioning their move for Hamilton, not right now. The Merc this year is an absolute dog, and it's suiting Russell more at the minute but writing off next year where it's going to be completely different ballgame is premature putting it mildly. Sainz is driving for his life and future in F1 at the minute, it's to be expected he is possibly more motivated... 

Sainz has a plan in place, it just can’t be public. Lewis and Ferrari will be interesting, because the fork in the road will be met. 

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3767th
4/8/2024 7:41am

In winning the other grands prix this season, Wolff's assessment on Verstappen was to the point as he said: "No one is going to catch Max this year.

"His driving and the car are just spectacular. You can see the way he manages the tyres and basically this season now is best of the rest.

"That's the fight that's on. Hopefully, we can catch up to the McLarens and Ferraris and fight for P2. This is what it is this year and what it was last year, and we had a P2 last year."

Twigster
4/8/2024 8:06am
Zycki11 wrote:

Twigster wrote:
Ferrari aren't questioning their move for Hamilton, not right now. The Merc this year is an absolute dog, and it's suiting Russell more at the minute...

Zycki11 wrote:

Sainz has a plan in place, it just can’t be public. Lewis and Ferrari will be interesting, because the fork in the road will be met. 

For sure. Lewis is at an age where things (in theory) start to slow down and it could easily be a move where it doesn't work out and he decides to call it time. I'm not sure that's something that's clear either way yet, which is one of many things that will make that move fascinating.

Zycki11
4/8/2024 8:23am
Twigster wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:

Twigster wrote:
For sure. Lewis is at an age where things (in theory) start to slow down and it could easily be a move where it doesn't work...

For sure. Lewis is at an age where things (in theory) start to slow down and it could easily be a move where it doesn't work out and he decides to call it time. I'm not sure that's something that's clear either way yet, which is one of many things that will make that move fascinating.

I agree, he can take the Ferrari and do very well. But if he falters and Charles beats his pants off we have the answer. Either way it is exciting and the number 2 RB debacle has Netflix drooling 

Zycki11
4/8/2024 8:29am
Zycki11 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Vettel coming back makes more sense than Ricciardo. 

As for him not being good enough, he's got 4 World Championships to his name. ​​​

I agree with his past accomplishments. Just don’t believe we have too many up and comers now to start taking seats. Vettel just complains 

Joey Bridges
4/8/2024 12:36pm
And with new aero regs coming soon, Benz may be right back in the catbird's seat. If nothing more than their history of in house, reliable...

Twigster wrote:
I'm not sure what the engine situation is and how much development there will be considering the new format, will need to look into that a...

I'm not sure what the engine situation is and how much development there will be considering the new format, will need to look into that a bit more. I think part of the reason Hamilton has gone to Ferrari though is the recruitment they've been doing from Merc and Red Bull alike prior to 2026. I wouldn't be surprised at all if when he leaves there's a few that go with him, Bono being one of the most likely. 

New regs feature less downforce.

Something redbull and newey have always been the best at.

Plus, Honda is leaving the team.

Mercedes has always had a great engine/electronics package.

Wonder though, if decreasing the downforce without decreasing the size, and heavy ass weight of these cars is the right direction.

Could end up being a season of tyre durability nightmares. 

We've seen Pirelli have serious issues in the past.

Twigster
4/9/2024 5:00am

Twigster wrote:
I'm not sure what the engine situation is and how much development there will be considering the new format, will need to look into that a...

New regs feature less downforce. Something redbull and newey have always been the best at. Plus, Honda is leaving the team.   Mercedes has always had...

New regs feature less downforce.

Something redbull and newey have always been the best at.

Plus, Honda is leaving the team.

Mercedes has always had a great engine/electronics package.

Wonder though, if decreasing the downforce without decreasing the size, and heavy ass weight of these cars is the right direction.

Could end up being a season of tyre durability nightmares. 

We've seen Pirelli have serious issues in the past.

I'm fairly sure that the regs include a weight reduction by making the cars shorter and slightly more narrow, if they've been signed off by the FIA/FOM and I'm not 100% sure if they are 'fixed' in that process yet.

Ferrari have been recruiting heavily in aerodynamics though from RBR and engine techs from Merc/Honda, Elkann and Fred Vasseur definitely seem to have a vision and a clarity on where they are going which will be interesting to see if it pays off or falls flat as it did in the Vettel/Alonso era. There are a huge number of rumours around about Newey being on the move to Aston or Ferrari as well...

Red Bull are something of a contradiction to watch at the minute. On the surface they are smashing everything, but behind the scenes it's a complete clusterf***. 

Joey Bridges
4/9/2024 2:12pm
Twigster wrote:
I'm fairly sure that the regs include a weight reduction by making the cars shorter and slightly more narrow, if they've been signed off by the...

I'm fairly sure that the regs include a weight reduction by making the cars shorter and slightly more narrow, if they've been signed off by the FIA/FOM and I'm not 100% sure if they are 'fixed' in that process yet.

Ferrari have been recruiting heavily in aerodynamics though from RBR and engine techs from Merc/Honda, Elkann and Fred Vasseur definitely seem to have a vision and a clarity on where they are going which will be interesting to see if it pays off or falls flat as it did in the Vettel/Alonso era. There are a huge number of rumours around about Newey being on the move to Aston or Ferrari as well...

Red Bull are something of a contradiction to watch at the minute. On the surface they are smashing everything, but behind the scenes it's a complete clusterf***. 

They are indeed going to have to lighten the cars,

make them smaller, and increase the tyre's contact patch.

Hopefully focusing on more mechanical grip.

These cars have evolved into tanks over many seasons. 

They won't reinvent the modern F1 car overnight. 

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3767th
4/10/2024 9:31am

Andretti opened their Silverstone base last Thursday.

Post a reply to: 2024 F1 World Championship

The Latest